Who we are
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 60+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
About Seedstars World
Seedstars World is an exclusive seed-stage startup competition focused on emerging markets and fast growing startup scenes. Our mission is to promote, connect and invest in startups from emerging markets.
We host startup events in 70+ countries to boost emerging startup ecosystems, encourageentrepreneurship and source investment opportunities. In each of the cities, we invite one startup to come to Switzerland for a week of mentoring, investor meetings and to pitch to win up to $500k investment from Seedstars.
The Seedstars Summit takes place in April each year in Switzerland to determine the best global startup and celebrate entrepreneurship. The event is attended by over 1000 entrepreneurs, corporate leaders, HNWIs and investment professionals.
About the job
- You will be responsible for managing Seedstars’ online media presence in the 70+ countries we have our events. Your day to day responsibilities include:
- Run the email marketing of SSW to inspire the community and generate sales
- Manage SSW blog in term of content creation and content distribution
- Manage SSW social medias to interact and engage with the community
- Build partnership deals with different Medias across the Globe to facilitate the brand awareness of Seedstars World
- Build a network of Medias/Bloggers in the 60+ cities to generate articles and media coverage over the local and final events
- Act as a “creative director” in terms of design (flyers, banners, videos, etc.)
- Write and maintain various onboarding and communications tools
- Develop monetisation strategies of the SSW media (book, blog, news, videos, etc.)
- Build a team that can help in the content creation and other various tasks
- Previous relevant experience with the job is a MUST
- Flexibility & International exposure – This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about traveling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice & with a couch surfer attitude
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details (at the question “please describe who you are in a tweet” start your answer with the word “kiskil”)
- Strong belief in getting things done – We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
Benefits and perks
- Exposure to cultures and ecosystems from over 70 countries
- Build your network in emerging markets of tech entrepreneurs and investors
- Join a young, passionate, hungry and growing team of entrepreneurs & facilitators
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
DON’T BELIEVE US, BELIEVE THEM
“My experience at Seedstars has been an unbelievable eye opener. I have learned an incredible amount on a personal and professional level in a very condensed period of time.” – Seedspace global team
“My learning curve has been extremely steep. I’m continuously exposed to new perspectives and cultures: it broadens your mind hugely! If you like challenges, learning, discovery, entrepreneurship, creativity, people and you’re not afraid of putting your comfort aside, jump on!” – Seedstars team member Africa
“After my very first event in Sofia, I’ve realised that I am in the right place at the right time. I have in front of me all the opportunities to develop myself as a professional and as a person. I can’t imagine my life without traveling, the Seedstars team & meeting with unbelievable people everyday.” – Seedstars team member MENA