LoveToKnow Staff Writers are needed to create, fix and merge content on a variety of topics. Staff writers will be assigned to certain channels (topic areas) based on their credentials. Staff writers are approved to write and edit content only on areas that apply directly to their specialties or they can select from a list of generalist titles. Individuals may be approved as writers on more than one channel topic. Staff writers work with LoveToKnow Editors to ensure all content provided meets the highest standards.
- Staff Writers use their specific expertise to complete writing assignments that meet LTK editorial approval and all guidelines.
- Staff Writers will be provided with a list of available assignments to claim.
- Staff Writers must submit a minimum of five (5) assignments and a maximum of ten (10) each week to maintain employment. Exceptions will be granted to allow for sick days and vacations.
- Assignments entail updating and revising old content, reviewing content for accuracy, creating new articles, rewriting old articles and revamping existing copy.
- Timely communication with editors and staff regarding assignments.
- Position is part-time, with flexible hours, and will be done from your home office.
Required Skill and Experience :
- Specific credentials in a topic area covered within the LTK umbrella that would define you as an expert in that field
- Excellent writing skills, with logical flow, good organization and impeccable grammar
- Minimum of one-year professional writing experience
- Familiarity with a variety of website interfaces
- Great written communication skills
- Organized and efficient with keen attention to detail
- You must have your own computer with appropriate software and a broadband internet connection.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction
- Staff writers are compensated by approval of specific piece.
- Pay is per article and will vary depending on assignments claimed.
- Most assignments range from $25 to $50 per piece.
How to Apply:
- E-mail us your resume with location to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Staff Writer” in the subject line.
- Please provide two writing samples as well as a couple of additional links to your published work online.
- List the topic areas you want to write on with a brief description of your credentials and expertise for that specific topic.
- Also, please tell us: 1) about yourself; 2) why you think you’d be a good fit for this job.
Job Type: Part-time