Plex is a media streaming company that gives people instant access to their media collections – home videos, photos, music, TV shows, and movies – so they can quickly find and stream them to any device.
We have a simple yet ambitious mission: to help people easily discover, enjoy, and share all of their media across all of their devices. We’ve made great progress towards this mission, and we have millions of happy customers, but we still have a long way to go!
We are looking for skilled DevOps engineers with management or leadership experience from across the globe, so no matter your location we urge you to apply.
What Sets Us Apart:
- We support every major platform, including desktops, mobile devices, smart TVs, streaming devices, and gaming consoles, providing you the opportunity to build and contribute to the technologies you’re most interested in, as well as move across projects to learn new skills.
- We are a distributed organization, with people making great things happen in more than 15 countries and 11 time zones. While we are passionate about our work and all work hard, we provide flexibility around a schedule that works for you.
- We love what we’re building and our user community is an integral part of our development process. We actively engage with customers through forums to understand what is working, what they want more of, and how we can be better.
- We ship cool stuff!
Sound interesting? We’re looking for engineers who are ready to push their limits and have a material impact in Plex’s growth and success.
- Work hands-on with both the DevOps and greater Engineering teams to support our ever-growing products and infrastructure
- Lead and inspire a team passionate about what they’re building
- Enable a team below you to produce their best work by identifying strengths, weaknesses, and removing roadblocks
- Plan and prioritize work for the long and immediate term, balancing speed & execution with quality
- Partner with Product Managers to define and meet project deadlines
- Cultivate a collaborative, diverse team environment
- Focus on developing team members and creating an environment for people to grow professionally
- Help define and build Plex’s management strategy
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 5-8+ years of experience that includes advanced configuration management experience with Chef and/or Salt
- Strong proficiency with Docker
- The energy, warmth, helpfulness, and intelligence to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with and ability to work effectively in both groups and independently
- The self-motivation required to work well in a distributed office
- A proactive approach to problem-solving–asking for help when you need it, with a willingness to help provide solutions yourself
- The ability to be nimble and shift priorities as called for in a dynamic space
- A drive to make an impact, to continuously work to improve our product and processes, and to push the team to be it’s best.
- Excitement for ramping up on different technologies and choosing the right tool for the job
- Experience with any or all of the following tools and technologies: Mesos/Marathon, Jenkins, MongoDB, MySQL, PostGRES
- A passion for Plex as a company, community, and product
- CS degree