Dribbble is the world’s premiere community for designers. We are a profitable and bootstrapped company helping the world’s design talent share their creations and get hired. Dribbble has grown to become the go-to resource for discovering and connecting with designers around the globe. All that said, we feel that we are just getting started.
We are looking for a Head of Product to join our team to help us realize our vision to build the world’s best platform where anyone who wants to interact with the design community will come to: share, socialize, network, hire, advertise, or find a job they love.
About the Role:
As Head of Product, you’ll be responsible for leading the product team, and being a part of the leadership team. That means you’ll be in charge of identifying profitable opportunities that meet the community’s needs, bringing new products to life, and overseeing profits of products already in existence.
More specifically, as Head of Product you will:
– Lead the product team
– Bring exquisite taste and communicate a strong product design sense that informs everything we build
– Manage the product development process (defining needs and reviewing solutions)
– Research and identify efforts that advance the core vision of what we’re trying to do for designers
– Understand users and the community at large, and how they and Dribbble can move in tandem toward profitable opportunities for both.
– Advocate that if we’re doing this right, we never have to ship features that compromise users, as our vision for the community, platform and business are aligned.
The requirements for the role are that you have:
– The skills to define and drive the product vision at Dribbble – you can get the product idea from concept to finished, live product.
– At least 5 years solid experience under your belt working in a professional product management role
– Ability to take ownership: the Dribbble community will depend on you to deliver a quality experience. You feel responsible for creating an excellent, end-to-end platform that supports the needs of our users.
– An interest in exploration: you think about what to build now and what to build in the future.
– A solid perspective on how users engage with online communities.
– Worked remote or want to give it a shot.
– Used Dribbble and have been active in the community. That’s not to say you’ve got to be famous, but we need someone who knows and loves (or at least likes) what we do.
– Excellent communication and leadership skills
– The ability to wear many hats, and be a bridge across every functional team (sales, engineering, design, support, ops, etc.)
– High integrity, consistency in your work, and a clear and visible set of values
– Strong analytical skills, and the ability to use data and metrics to develop informed product strategies
Working at Dribbble:
We’re a remote team and we’re spread all across the land. We get together IRL a few times a year, but mostly we enjoy each other’s company over Slack and video calls. If you live in Canada or the United States, you can join the team without worrying about relocating.
We’ve got some truly excellent perks:
– Work from anywhere. We are a 100% distributed team.
– Stay healthy. Full medical and dental for you and your family.
– Unplug. Unlimited paid-time-off.
– Pro tools. MacBook Pro (or Air) and all the tools you need to do a great job.
– Get your learn on. We cover books, conferences, courses… get smarter!
– Family leave. 3 months paid maternity/paternity leave for US employees.
– Perk up. Monthly coffee budget so you’re not just loitering at coffee shops.
– Buff up. Gym and exercise reimbursements so that you stay fit.
– Save up. Put pre-tax savings into a 401k or RRSP. You’ll appreciate it later.
– Hang out. Meet up with your remote team face-to-face. Each time we’ll meet up in a different city around the world.
Sound like a job that you’d love? Apply with a letter about why Dribbble is the right place for you.