– Design and conduct usability tests to determine deliverables’ accuracy to functional requirements.
– Identify user-centered design patterns, establish scenarios, place designs into user context and create interactions that align to those requirements.
– Design rich, visual user-interaction solutions across a range of platforms and mediums.
– Maintain design consistency throughout applications
– Run usability tests, conduct interviews and site visits, organize surveys, and perform other usability assessments.
– Conduct user field research to understand target segments and refine representative user requirements
– Act as a key player in the strategic design process of projects, assuming responsibility for the overall customer experience strategy and execution
– Can work remotely, after the first week on site.
Required Skills and Experience:
– 3+ years of experience with the user interface design process and methodology, especially as it is applied to web-based applications
– Proficient in designing and conducting Usability Tests
– Extensive knowledge of Internet concepts, web design, database interactions and industry best practices.
– Must have a working knowledge of human factors and human-computer-interactions.
– Knowledge of and professional experience with the following technologies:
– ASP.net, VB.net, C#, HTML/5, Java Script, CSS and T-SQL development
– VMWare ESXi5, Microsoft IIS, Linux and SharePoint Servers
– Oracle, SQL, and MySQL
– Microsoft’s DomainController, Active Directory, TCP/IP, HTTP and SMTP
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study.
Desired Skills and Experience:
– Experience with Agile development and open source projects is a plus
– Experience working with the Military Health System (MHS); supporting Military Medical Treatment Facilities, and/or knowledge of HIPPA compliance is highly desired.
– Demonstrated experience with interaction, interface, and product design, and usability engineering experience would be advantageous.
– Certification in one of more of the following: A+, Network+, Security+
– Knowledge of SOAP and REST web services is a plus.