Formstack, the most flexible and powerful form building application, is looking for a Front-End Developer to add to its already awesome Product Design team.
Formstack is a 10 year old company with its roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a remote work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform.
In this position you will work on a cross-functional team around a specific part of the app. Your team will work together in a scrum methodology to deliver new features and improvements to the Formstack platform. You will be responsible for implementing new front end code, improving and maintaining existing functionality. You will also work with the product design team to improve and maintain our custom built UI Library. You will also have a lot of fun collaborating, playing games, solving really difficult problems and building relationships with some really awesome, talented people.
What You Will Do:
– You will collaborate with a cross functional team around a specific part of the app. You’ll work with Product Designers, Product Managers, Developers, QA Testers and UX Researchers.
– Work with your team in a agile process to deliver each projects goals.
– Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms and devices – including smartphones and tablets.
– Help improve and maintain our custom frontend UI library, optimizing it and making our whole front end codebase as efficient as possible. The next great Formstacker will also work with the Development department to assure a smooth hand-off of assets for implementation, work with both the Product Design and Development teams to implement their designs in an agile workflow environment and effectively manage their time across multiple projects and tasks in a deadline-driven, team environment.
Who You Are:
You enjoy working in a collaborative environment that values critical & constructive discussions about design and development. You’re passionate about web apps and modern, user-centered web design and development. If that’s you, you might be just what we need!
How You Qualify:
You must have a minimum of 1-3 years experience working in a fast-paced environment AND:
– Experience using CSS preprocessors such as SASS or LESS.
– Experience writing awesome HTML5 and CSS3.
– Solid experience with JS, particularly AngularJS.
– Experience with version control systems (Git).
– Comfortable using command line tools.
– Experience with responsive design concepts.
– Experience or a high level of interest in usability and user experience.
– Knowledge of how to best design to solve business and user problems. Ability to understand the needs of customers.
– Experience with relevant design tools.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Extra Credit Qualifications:
– Experience with frontend UI libraries (Foundation, Bootstrap, custom).
– Experience with frontend unit testing (Mocha, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor etc.).
– Experience with task runners such as Grunt/Gulp (or Makefile).
– Experience with Node.js.
– Experience with Lean/Agile methodologies.
– Experience working on a SaaS product
Learn More About How Our Team Works:
Everyone on our team blogs about working at Formstack. We dive into the details on our process, tools and anything else we feel like sharing. http://designstack.io/
What Formstack Offers:
– Remote environment
– Medical, Dental, Vision as well as company-paid Disability and Life Insurance Benefits.
– 401k with matching company contribution
– Friday Lunch (Indianapolis Office)
– The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
– Company-paid conferences and extended learning
– Yearly company gatherings
– Generous PTO
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Check out this Video (http://bit.ly/2hYFKxx) and apply if you want to jump into the next great chapter of your life!
Formstack is a 10 year old company. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a remote work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform.
We Have Great Benefits:
* The most up-to-date software
* Friday-lunches paid for by Formstack (for employees in Indianapolis)
* Remote working office
* Company-contributions to HSA
* Yearly team-building event for the whole company
* 401k Safe Harbor Match
* Generous PTO policy
* All the snacks you can handle
* Monthly company “fun”
* All the pings and pongs you can handle!