Movie Pilot is a fan-centric entertainment website for millennials, connecting millions of fans with the entertainment content they love. We’re a mobile first, social publishing company with a creative, enthusiastic team of 70 in Venice, CA and Berlin, DE. We’re looking for multi-talented people who love entertainment, social media, and all things internet. Our ideal applicant should be passionate about pop culture and eager to grow with an up-and-coming new-era media company that reaches on average 25 million unique monthly visitors.
Movie Pilot is an open publishing-platform, where entertainment fans from all over the world publish articles about the topics they love. We receive close to 20,000 user-generated articles per month as well as 5,000 in-house article. All the content you need to build a strong search engine visibility is right here, show us how it is done.
Movie Pilots’ visitors find us via social networks like Facebook and Instagram. While we’ve already seen success via SEO traffic, there’s still a big opportunity to increase our search engine visibility. For this task, we are looking for an experienced SEO Manager to help us build an additional traffic source. You will have direct access to development as well as editorial resources.
This role can be based out of our Venice, CA office, or remote in the continental U.S.
In the face of overwhelming odds, I’m left with only one option, I’m gonna have to science the shit out of this.
— Mark Watney
As our next Senior SEO Manager you’ll bring a certain amount of experience to the table.
- 3+ years SEO experience in publishing media context
- Proficient with Analytics and SEO tools e.g. Moz, Searchmetrics, etc.
- Proven expertise in search engine algorithms and ranking strategies.
- Ability to build a strong SEO team, that grows traffic via organic search results as well as google news.
- Work closely with our development team, pick and execute the next important SEO project with them
- You are a driven, hands-on and experienced SEO professional.
- You are highly technical and know every aspect of on-site SEO e.g. indexing, site accessibility and crawling, site-theming & url structure, meta data, internal linking and organic image SEO.
- You know what AMP means.
- You live-and-breathe the subject matter and are an effective communicator, someone who can bring developers, graphic designers and external partners together to get the job done.
- You are highly curious and ready to dive deep on mobile search.
- Willingness to travel to or between our Berlin and Venice Beach offices.
- A rewarding career with continuous growth opportunities in a performance-driven culture
- Work with a highly motivated and skilled team of young top performers
- Full Healthcare
- 20 Days Paid Vacation
- MacBook Air