Headquarters: Boise, ID
This is an opportunity to lead the sales team at a self-funded, fast growing startup. You will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for executing on ConvertKit’s sales goals.
ConvertKit is an email marketing company for professional bloggers. We have 10,000 paying customers, send 150 million emails per month, and are growing revenue quickly.
Think of ConvertKit as the power of Infusionsoft, but easier to use than MailChimp. We’re a remote team of 22+ people in 7 states and 4 countries. We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and growing quickly.
Because we are self-funded and profitable we focus on serving our customers, not doing whatever is necessary to close our next funding round. As Director of Sales you’re responsible for recruiting the right high-value customers to ConvertKit.
- Experience leading a sales team with the goal of consistent revenue growth, with an inside sales focus.
- The ability to create, maintain and document a process for an organized sales pipeline.
- A self-motivated attitude, focused on meeting and exceeding sales quotas and leading the sales team to do the same.
- A strong understanding of the blogging industry with many personal relationships to turn into customers.
- The ability to understand the needs of ConvertKit’s largest customers, when it pertains to email marketing, in order to accurately position ConvertKit to potential clients.
- Great empathy, communication, and listening skills to understand the needs of their team.
- A desire to lead a small, highly effective team rather than just increasing headcount to meet goals.
- The ability to set and implement sales plans & forecasts for both long-term and short-term goals.
- The ability to run a data driven sales team, with real-time metrics and dashboards for each team member.
- Ability to work well with others and initiate consistent communication across teams.
- New customer accounts retained for 90 days or longer (focus on obtaining the right customers who are a good fit for ConvertKit).
- New customers from affiliates and growth of affiliate referrals over time.
- ROI from signups from conferences/sponsorships.
- Measuring results from each step of the sales funnel.
- Direct Sales for accounts over 10,000 subscribers.
- Booking and hosting webinars and other affiliate promotions.
- Attending and sponsoring conferences for new customers and partner relationships.
- Real-time tracking and analytics on all areas of responsibilities.
- Sales forecasting
- Sales funnel
- Understanding potential customer characteristics and how it affects their progression through the sales funnel
- Hiring/Firing as needed
- Performance reviews
- Weekly 1-on-1s
- Regular team meetings
- Sales training
- Competitive salaries
- Commissions on new accounts
- Generous equipment budget
- Work from anywhere
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 9 paid holidays
- 3 sick days
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus