Headquarters: Boise, ID
This is an opportunity to lead the marketing team at a self-funded, fast growing startup. You will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for executing on ConvertKit’s marketing goals.
ConvertKit is an email marketing company for professional bloggers. We have 10,000 paying customers, send 150 million emails per month, and are growing revenue quickly.
Think of ConvertKit as the power of Infusionsoft, but easier to use than MailChimp. We’re a remote team of 22+ people in 7 states and 4 countries. We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and growing quickly.
Because we are self-funded and profitable we focus on serving our customers, not doing whatever is necessary to close our next funding round. That said, email marketing is an incredibly competitive industry so marketing and branding are critical to gaining market share.
The right person for this position will have:
- Experience leading a marketing team with the goal of consistent revenue growth in a measurable, replicable manner.
- A strong background in storytelling and using stories from customers to drive attention and revenue growth.
- A strong understanding of the blogging industry with many personal relationships to leverage for promotions and new customers.
- The ability to understand the needs of ConvertKit’s largest customers, when it pertains to email marketing, in order to accurately position ConvertKit to potential clients.
- Removing roadblocks for the entire team so they can focus on shipping marketing projects.
- Great empathy, communication, and listening skills to understand the needs of their team.
- A desire to lead a small, highly effective team rather than just increasing headcount to meet goals.
- The ability to set and implement marketing plans for both long-term and short-term goals.
- Ability to work well with others and initiate consistent communication across teams.
- Number of demo requests from the marketing site.
- Email list growth.
- Understanding new accounts by source from the marketing site.
- SEO rankings and results.
- Overall perception of the ConvertKit brand.
- Website traffic and new account acquisition
- Guest posts
- Paid Acquisition
- Hiring/Firing as needed
- Performance reviews
- Weekly 1-on-1s
- Regular team meetings
- Video documentaries
- Ad campaigns
- Annual reports
- Competitive salary
- Generous equipment budget
- Work from anywhere
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 9 paid holidays
- 3 sick days
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus