We need an experienced, passionate, and friendly Swift/Objective-C developer who can jump in and take ownership of our challenging iOS engineering and design problems. Our native mobile products interact deeply with RESTful API backends, so knowledge of web application architectures and technologies is a plus.
- Drive the holistic development of our iOS projects.
- Ownership in developing and improving all aspects of our stack (development, testing, CI, automation, and architecture)
- Writing tested code that doesn’t stink.
- Storyboarding, auto-layout, and user interface related festivities.
- Designing and engineering features that deliver value to the people who use them. This means collaborating closely and playing nice with the entire team(designers, product managers, etc.)
- Refactoring, paying down technical debt, and trimming the fat.
Our mission is to make our clients incredibly successful by developing and improving ideas into highly functional and usable web applications. Our team has become renowned in our ability to bring creativity, expertise, and sound development practices to notable and ambitious startups. Our development work focuses on architecting and building new applications as well as scaling existing apps for our clients as they grow.
Let’s Have A Chat If You…
- Have developed libraries or applications and want to show them to us (you have code on GitHub, Launchpad, etc. or have something live in the App Store).
- Enjoy working with Swift and Objective-C and have a successful track record of developing applications using these technologies.
- Have experience developing iOS applications using XCode 8, Swift 3 and the iOS 10 SDK.
- Are competent with storyboarding, using auto-layout, and building universal interfaces.
- Strive to automate everything you do – from sending out builds to running tests.
- Are equally comfortable working with HTTP-based web services, and have a working knowledge of web application and API architectures.
- Have an appreciation for the peace of mind that comes with well-tested, documented code.
- Have experience making decisions regarding application architecture.
- Are excited by the web and keep up with new technologies and that excitement is infectious.
- Communicate well with others in both written and verbal forms
- Are self-directed and able to manage your time effectively
Bonus points for…
- Experience working with an agile / scrum-based development model
- A BS or MS in Computer Science, Math or enough experience to show that you can do the job well.
- Development skills with popular web based languages, like PHP, Ruby on Rails or Scala
- Previous history of working with a remote, distributed team
- Significant contributions to or ownership of open source projects (please do tell!)
Other information about this position
- Working remotely is how we operate, unless you just happen to live in the Iowa City region
- Work visa transfer or sponsorship is not possible at this time
- We are looking for people located within one of the U.S time zones
How to apply
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org