Headquarters: San Diego, CA
We are looking for an SEO pro that’s passionate about using organic search, content marketing, and social media to elevate the exposure of websites within search engines. If that’s you, keep reading!
As a member of the TakeLessons marketing team, the Senior SEO Manager will report directly to the VP of Marketing and own the development and execution of the company’s SEO and content marketing strategy to reach target audiences and grow the business.
With hands-on experience and a proven track record for driving qualified traffic, this individual brings expert-level knowledge and experience within SEO, content marketing, and social media. This role is responsible for team management, including the recruitment, coaching, and development of staff.
Remote workers are also welcome to apply!
This person will …
- Define, execute, and evolve the SEO strategy and goals for TakeLessons
- Be directly responsible for qualified traffic growth through organic search
- Develop annual and quarterly operating plans and forecasts in-line with business objectives
- Maintain monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting to support team objectives and goals
- Manage the SEO budget to maximize performance and meet or exceed budget goals
- Identify opportunities, develop proposals, and forecasts results for SEO initiatives
- Manage link building efforts and develop targeted campaigns for growing domain authority
- Oversee our content marketing program including research, promotion, and measurement
- Build our social media presence and drives engagement as part of cohesive SEO strategy
- Monitor keyword rankings and analytics to measure performance and identify opportunities
- Iterate and tests to continuously learn and maximize the impact of our SEO efforts
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team and across departments for driving conversion and growth
- Recruit, manage, and motivate a highly skilled team necessary to deliver outstanding business results
- Monitor and appraise staff performance and identifies training and development opportunities that will ensure consistently high performance and retention of key employees
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, technical knowledge, and tactics by reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks, and participating in professional groups
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 6 years of B2C digital marketing experience
- Minimum 4 years hands-on experience managing SEO and content marketing
- A proven track record of developing, executing and scaling high impact, profitable, SEO programs that drive business results
- Proven ability to define and execute on assigned goals and objectives
- Exceptional data and analytics skills with the capacity to be both analytical and creative
- Organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator at all levels to drive alignment and action towards goals
- Significant knowledge of the consumer internet marketplace industry and the ability to continuously evaluate trends and adjust strategy to compensate and take advantage of shifts
- Strong familiarity across a broad range of digital marketing activities including but not limited to SEM, paid media, email marketing, and conversion preferred
- People management/supervisory experience
- A “Roll‐up‐your‐sleeves” entrepreneurial, startup attitude
We offer a great benefits plan, PTO and 401k plan. We are a startup where you can make a high-impact because of the amount of ownership you have!
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION