Gainsight, the first and only complete Customer Success solution, helps businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. The company’s SaaS solution is 100% Salesforce native and uses predictive analytics to drive revenue from sales, usage, support, survey and other sources of external customer data. In this way, Gainsight provides a 360° view of customers and drives retention across Customer Success, sales, marketing, executive and product management.
The Director of Professional Services will join the Strategic Customer Success team, which is an exciting place to work at Gainsight, given that we’re the leading customer success software company, and given that our Strategic team is growing by leaps and bounds. The Strategic team works with some of the largest companies in the world, including GE, Cisco, IBM, and others.
This role will be final point of accountability for ensuring that our Strategic clients receive a consistent and the very best Red Carpet onboarding experience. The Director of PS will oversee our Professional Services team which includes Project Managers, Solutions Architects as well as working with our SI Partners and will be accountable for our onboarding processes.
The right candidate will have the following attributes above all:
- Rich experience scaling an enterprise-focused Professional Services team, and developing processes to manage large, complex implementation projects for Fortune 500 clients
- Passion for creating new processes
- “Change agent” mentality; “Driver” personality
- Primary focus on delivering value, not just completing projects or fulfilling P&L goals
- Onboarding services revenue targets
- Time to Value (measured as % Initial Value Moment in first 90 days)
- Contributing to overall financial (renewal and expansion) goals for the Strategic segment
- Utilization targetsOnboarding NPS/CSAT scores
- Escalation resolution during pre-sales scoping and onboarding projects
- Manage to a Services Budget
- Lead scoping for large and complex enterprise onboarding engagements and formalize scope in a Statement of Work, and position the SOW to client decision makers
- Support the Pre-Sales process by participating in prospect meetings; showcase our approach to customer onboarding and lay out specifics for how we’ll plan to onboard the customer, based on results of scoping efforts
- Keep leaders up to date with project opportunities & risks
- Support the project pipeline, by managing resource availability, capacity & skill sets
- Work with PM team to set a common framework and standards for Client Project Plans. Plans should aim to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the client’s business challenges
- Translate into a customer facing project plan which includes multiple phases of rollout
- Diligent oversight & Quality Assurance of Plans
- Coordinate Project Status reviews, tracking timelines, budgets, ensuring objectives are being met, and issues are effectively managed
- Act as a thought leader, bring recommendations around new
- Onboarding approaches, and ways to improve the experience for the customer
- Conduct Post-Implementation reviews of projects with PMs
- Work with team to set a common framework and standards for SA engagement with clients
- Diligent oversight & Quality Assurance of team’s work
- Coordinate architecture and design reviews, ensuring objectives are being met, and issues are effectively managed
- Ensure consistent team production of technical and design documentation, suitable of sharing with client’s executive, project, and technical team members
- Act as a thought leader, bring recommendations around new approaches, and ways to improve the experience for the customer
- Conduct Post-Implementation reviews of projects with SAs, to identify themes, key learnings & areas for improvement → feed those back into key team processes
- Work with Gainsight’s training and enablement team to get partners onboarded and trained in the fastest and best possible way
- Work with Product to identify the best way for Partners to provide customer/product feedback and communicate about enhancement requests
- Ensure that the billable and productive utilization for the Partner ecosystem beats our targets
- Ensure that onboarding NPS scores are meeting our targets on partner-led projects and lead root cause analysis when they don’t meet targetsIdentify and track relevant metrics of success and periodically report to the executive leadership team on status
- Define Team structure & roles, assign individuals to projects, track IC productivity & forecast hiring needs
- Manage the workload of PMs on your team, and help to remove obstacles to their success
- Oversee development of your direct reports, including their Gainsight onboarding/training experience, personal development and career path guidance, annual performance review oversight, and real-time feedback & coaching
- Implement a regular cadence for team structure, including regular team meetings, 1:1s, company updates / passdowns, etc.
- Foster a sense of team morale
- Be a role model within the team & organization
- 6+ years in implementation of business applications, including in a Manager of Project Management role
- 3+ years of management experience
- 8+ years in relevant experience
- Previous experience scaling a team at a hyper-growth company
- Previous experience working with Fortune 500 clients on large multi-quarter implementation engagements
- BA or BS degree (technical degree preferred); MBA is a bonus
- Proven track record of managing project budgets, deadlines, and scope in SaaS
- Ability to work with the sales team on scoping and sizing for new project proposals and post-sales for existing customers
- Exemplary and proactive communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to build and maintain lasting customer relationships
- Strong executive presence – e.g. able to get on a call w/ an exec and manage through a difficult, tension-filled conversation; e.g. ability to earn the trust/credibility of an exec
- Continuously seeking new ways to improve existing project management processes to strengthen the Gainsight delivery methodology
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Project Management tools such as Clarizen, AtTask, MS Project and etc. (We currently use Clarizen.)
- Bonus: Strong knowledge of SFDC or SFDC ecosystem applications
- Strong negotiation and collaboration skills
- Tech oriented and understands market trends, particularly with enterprise software
- To be considered for this opportunity a cover letter is required upon submitting your application.
- Experience with both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Experience in a professional services or consulting organization
At Gainsight, we don’t believe in doing things as a “means to an end.” Life’s too short to have anything short of a joyful work environment that we passionately believe in. We think that “work vs. life” is a false choice created by pundits, cynics and consultants. We also believe that any community (like a company) needs a ton of diversity and a very small number of things that bring us together.
Here are our 3:
·Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule (“Do unto others…” and that sort of thing) by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
·Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
·Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique – Golden Rule, Success for All and Childlike Joy.
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
Health benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k after first quarter of employment, unlimited PTO.
Remote Work Allowed