We’re looking for a full-time full stack developer to help build and maintain our social media management tool, Edgar. Edgar launched in mid-2014 and has thousands of happy, beautiful, paying customers that will use the features you build every day. We’re growing ~20% month on month. (No pressure, right?)
You’ll be working on big, exciting projects like optimizing our queuing system, building out React components, adding support for social media platform-specific features like native video, and getting our onboarding juuuust right so that every user has a mind-blowing experience from their very first login.
You’ll be joining a small team of talented full-stack developers, and working alongside dedicated UX designers, QA and Customer Experience pros.
Our stack is Rails 4, Ruby 2.2, Heroku, Postgres, S3, Sidekiq + Redis with Webpack, React and Redux on the front-end. It’s great stack to work with everyday, and we take our time to write solid code and proper tests to make sure it stays that way.
We do a fair amount of pair programming and a lot of code reviews, we love solid tests and CI, and we deploy several times a week. Basically? We’re constantly improving our process so we can create an ideal developer environment – low overheads, high transparency.
Estimates were inaccurate and irrelevant, so we dropped ‘em. Artificial deadlines weren’t doing it for us, so we switched from scrum to pure kanban and never looked back. When something isn’t working, we’re not afraid to throw it out and try something new – so if you have exciting ideas about the dev process and how to make your own job even better, you’ll fit right in. (We’re open-minded like that.)
You’ll have final responsibility for features you build, from inception all the way through to deployment, so your teammates know exactly who to shower with praise.
- You have experience creating software products that solve real user challenges
- You’ve got real professional history with React, and Redux – Webpack & ES6 are big plusses
- Live anywhere in the USA or Canada (need to be able to provide documentation of eligibility to work in the USA)
- You love Rails and React
- You know how to communicate effectively and work as part of a team with lots of different backgrounds and roles
- Passionate about improving the development process and recognize the value of an awesome company culture
- Not a jerk
We’re a small team of about 25 people, all working remotely across the US & Canada. We do a lot of collaborating and meme-swapping on Slack, along with virtual team meetings and super-futuristic video calls. We also do a twice-annual meetup week where we work together on cool projects all day and generally make fools of ourselves all night. We’re proudly bootstrapped and profitable, which means we get to turn down VC money a lot and keep doing things the way we like. We’re pretty serious about building and maintaining an awesome, positive company culture, so, you know, no jerks.
We’ll probably get along if you’re someone who wants to be creative, have a pretty-serious-but-not-inhuman amount of responsibility, and work with people who make going to work not suck. (And be one of those people yourself. We like those people.)
- Work from home (or wherever there’s strong wifi)
- 4 weeks paid vacation (Shazam! And yes, everyone actually uses all 4 weeks)
- Monthly cleaning service for your home – not that we don’t have total faith in you
- Paid home Internet service
- Coworking space/coffee shop working expenses
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your fam
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Up to two months family leave for new parents (including adoption)
- An extra paid day off per quarter so you can volunteer in your community (awww)
- New Mac laptop (#blessed)
- Books, conferences, and other educational resources to help you be even more amazing at what you do!
- TSA pre-check to make getting to retreats and conferences a breeze
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION