LogRhythm is seeking an Security Sales Engineer that has a passion for IT security and can deliver on aggressive revenue targets. This is an opportunity to sell the solution of the fastest growing independent security intelligence company in the world that is redefining the way large enterprise organizations are protecting their network. Our Sales Engineers are able to leverage a truly vibrant culture that has the ultimate collaborative environment. The Sales Engineer must be highly technical and influential; capable of effectively articulating technology and product positioning to a variety of audiences including C-Level Executives and advanced technical personnel.
You’ll be able to pitch a security product that has been positioned as a leader in the Gartner SIEM Magic Quadrant for three years running. If you are interested in this role then you are somebody not just interested in the personal rewards that come with success in sales. You are also interested in having an impact on a growing a company that’s carving out a great story in network security.
This will be a remote position to be based out of Baltimore, MD.
The Security Sales Engineer will manage all aspects of pre-sales support including:
– Development and Delivery of Product Demonstrations
– Customer Evaluation and Implementation Support
– Technical Writing and RFP Responses
– Partner Engagements
– Solution Training
– Architecture Design and Planning
– Represent Solution to Prospects at Events
– Ability to travel
The candidate must be self-motivated and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of an agile technical security organization. Candidate must possess outstanding presentation skills, professionally communicate in written responses to emails, RFPs, white papers, and when submitting reports. An effective Sales Engineer needs to be able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches and be able to close deals at a technical level.
The Sales Engineer needs to be well versed in both conceptual knowledge and hands-on expertise in Security Applications, TCP/IP Networking, Network Management (i.e. Active Directory), Enterprise Security, Multiple OS platforms, and should have expertise in the following areas:
– Hands on Knowledge of Security related products and technologies (e.g. IDS/IPS, SIEM/Log Management, Firewalls, etc.)
– Software installation, integration, and configuration
– Some software development and/or scripting experience (regex, powershell, perl, shell)
– Extensive experience installing and working with Windows Servers and AD Environments
– Experience working with Windows SQL Server 2005/2008
– An understanding and comfort with Windows Domain Security and Audit Policies
– Comfortable installing and configuring *NIX based applications
– Experience working with and configuring routers, switches, and firewall devices
– A solid understanding of TCP/IP protocols and routing
– Ability to proactively manage evaluation and deployment support
– Ability to effectively present solutions via live presentations and remote webinars
– Must have excellent communication and project management skills
– Relevant industry certifications (i.e., CISSP, CISA)
– Security Event Management Solution Experience (SIEM, Log Management)
– Intrusion Detection/Prevention Solution Experience
– Compliance and Audit Experience (PCI, SOX, FISMA, GLBA, NERC-SIP, CAG, etc.)
– Vulnerability assessment/penetration testing experience
– *NIX scripting
– Education: BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
LogRhythm is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.