Elysian Fields seeks an experienced operations mastermind to join our team on a part time basis (to start). We love to work with people who are always learning and innovating in everything they do. This position is perfect for a self-directed, action-oriented, and energetic organizer who feels excited by the unknown.
– feel really excited when tackling an intricate puzzle of moving parts and creating a coherent system out of them.
– feel most fulfilled when you are able to manage your own time and priorities, and you know you work more effectively when you are able to decide when and how to work.
– get fired up when wrangling a team and people. You love and are energized when communicating and being in touch with folks: collaborating, cajoling, coaxing, and–occasionally– haranguing while maintaining a sense of humor.
– will feel masterful when it comes to identifying places we could improve our customer service and internal systems & procedures and creating solutions to those challenges.
– are incredibly resourceful and have an aptitude for solving problems autonomously, while having the awareness to know when you need help.
– nerd out on technology, and feel comfortable investigating new tools and apps.
– occasionally frighten people with your attention to detail and recall.
– feel motivated by building trust and cultivating relationships both internally and externally, and would feel excited to do so while articulating EF’s vision.
Your primary responsibilities will be in managing and overseeing day-to-day operations, client relations, and project management supporting the whole team.
Part time to start, this position comes with the space for an exceptional degree of job crafting and growth possibility. We are open to opportunities to create client-facing services and consulting opportunities for the right person. You will report to and collaborate with EF’s director/CEO, playing an important role in growing our vision.
Responsibilities will include:
– High level project management to ensure the team is on track to meet deadlines and deliverables
– Collaborating and supporting the director with new business development, sales, and proposals; this may include doing intake and initial conversations with prospective clients
– Time tracking and payroll reporting; supporting team in managing for efficiency and profitability.
– Overseeing our systems and technology; regularly scanning the trees of our task management system while keeping an eye on the forest
– Collaborating to build and launch new trainings and tools for clients
– Meeting scheduling, calendaring, and logistics management
– Supporting marketing and business development efforts through website updates, coordinating email newsletters, and social media and advertising efforts
– A bit of “executive assisting” for EF’s Director
Elysian Fields is a growing consultancy dedicated to giving ambitious business owners trainings, tools, and services to find success while staying true to their values and beliefs. Our team works both remotely and in person with a results-driven approach. Though deeply rooted in the Philadelphia community, we are stretching our wings elsewhere, and have had team members successfully work remotely from Paris to Portland. Our clients are a motley crew of inspiring, driven, passionate & compassionate, and interesting businesses and organizations covering a breadth of fields of practice.
We offer trainings and services focused on a breadth of business development, from bookkeeping to business planning, financials to operations and strategic growth planning and coaching; all with a focus on humans, happiness, and grounded in social justice.
We strive to be thoughtful about how we approach our work and lives and believe “work-life-integration” is a better framework than balance, and thus strongly believe in structuring our work and jobs in the direction of happiness. We regularly take time during “normal business hours” to spend time with family, take a yoga class, or walk in the woods with a friend, and we balance that freedom by showing up 110% when we are at work.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
– Experience in self-directed environments managing systems and people. (We’re happy to learn about how any work experience and/or degrees you have feels relevant to you; please explain in your cover letter)
– Excellent writing skills.
– Strong analytical skills (experience with budgeting and excel preferred).
– Stellar customer service and interpersonal skills.
– Experience with project and team management
– Experience in a client-centric environment preferred
– Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
– General familiarity with small businesses or organizations and the “all hands on deck” ethos of being small
– Tech savviness and an aptitude for picking up and applying new tools and tricks.
– Experience with recent Apple OS preferred
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
– Competitive Hourly Rate ($27-$30 per hour) based on experience, with the possibility to scale compensation and position as the business grows.
– Flexible work hours and remote work ability (meaning we’d like you to be based in Philly, but allow for flexible location and remote work)
– Christmas to New Year’s “work ban.” We close the offices and pay our entire team to take the week off.
– $500 annual “well-being” stipend for things like attending conferences, trainings, workshops, classes, vacation costs, and wellness expenses, etc.
– Company cell phone plan and co-working membership
This position has the possibility to grow to full time with the following added benefits:
– “Two weeks to infinity” paid time off (meaning we would like you to take at least two weeks off per year, and more if you’d like) in addition to holidays.
– Benefits package including health and dental insurance.
Position Start Date is Negotiable, but we’re looking for someone who can start end of January-beginning of February.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references in PDF format to Kate Strathmann with the email subject line “Operations Coordinator Position!”
Deadline for Applications is January 6, 2017.
Elysian Fields is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, or gender or sexual identity.
Application deadline: January 6, 2017
Start date: January 23, 2017
Employment type: Part Time
Professional level: Professional
Salary range: 27 – 30
Salary: $27-$30 per hour, depending on experience.
Education: 4-year degree