Ginger.io offers support, guidance, therapy, and medication support from professional coaches, licensed therapists, and psychiatrists respectively. Based on the needs of the individual, we create a custom plan that addresses these needs and grows with them. These plans are supplemented with exercises, information, and education that help them become their best self.
Our mission-driven culture combines a love of learning with a strong belief that everyone has a voice to contribute if we are to succeed and make a difference. We believe in empowering our team with the tools and transparent culture that we all need to perform and grow.
PLEASE NOTE- Currently only accepting applicants with the ability to work in one of the following groups:
– Group B: Works shifts Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, from 5:00 pm – 2:00 am EST (2:00 pm – 11:00 pm PST).
– Group C: Works shifts Wednesday and Thursday, from 5:00 pm – 2:00 am EST (2:00 pm – 11:00 pm PST) and Saturday and Sunday, from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm EST (6:00 am – 3:00 pm PST).
– Group D (Overnight): Works shifts from 1:00 am – 10:00 am EST (10:00 pm – 7:00 am PST) any night(s) of the week.
Mental Health Coach
This is a full time, work from home position, and coaching takes place exclusively through chat.
As a Ginger.io Health Coach, you will help people learn how to live healthier lives. Each day, hundreds of people will download the Ginger.io app, looking for help in discovering the personal strengths, motivations and skills that will enable them to make lasting changes in their mindsets and behaviors. And by joining us now while we’re still developing our program, you’ll be providing feedback on what works, what doesn’t, and be instrumental in bringing the Ginger.io vision into reality.
Role of Mental Health Coach
First and foremost, coaches are there to listen, build rapport, and provide empathetic support. Coaching takes place exclusively over text chat, which is why coaches must have excellent writing skills and the ability to convey warmth through this medium. They must make all members feel welcome and supported, and coaches must maintain a warm, calm presence regardless of the circumstance.
Over time, coaches assist members in taking slow, steady steps that lead to meaningful change in their lives. They check-in regularly to offer support/encouragement, track successes and setbacks, and provide resources, tips and strategies to facilitate progress.
Coaches are an integral part of of each member’s multidisciplinary care team. They use previous clinical experience, good judgment, and our guidelines to discern when to refer members to other internal resources. You will collaborate with our psychiatrists and therapists to help develop and reinforce treatment decisions.
We value applicants of all backgrounds and comply with all EEO/AA requirements. We look forward to receiving your application!
– Essential Criteria
>> At least 6 months of supervised experience as a coach, counselor or therapist (intern positions qualify)
>> Degree in psychology related field (MA preferred, BA considered) or coaching certification
>> Able to work Mon-Fri 10am-7pm (Pacific Time Zone)
– Essential Qualities
>> Ability to empathize, identify, relate, and connect quickly
>> Strong communication and writing skills (spelling, grammar, syntax)
>> Able to work well within a team
>> Adaptable/comfortable with novel situations and change
>> Open and responsive to feedback
>> Critical and creative thinking ability
>> Fluent in communication tech (Google tools, MS suite, email)
>> Comfortable reading data charts and reports.
>> Coaching certification
>> Experience with triage and working within a team based model
Benefits & Compensation
– Compensation starts at $18 per hr
– Robust health coverage (medical, dental, vision, life insurance), including an EAP
– Annual wellness budget, covering both physical and mental health
– Wellness events like biometric screenings and flu shots
– Professional Development budget, which can cover any kind of learning that helps you develop professionally, including personal life/health coaching
– Financial wellness seminars, resources and 401(k) – designed to help people manage their finances both short and long term. Finances and financial uncertainty can be a major source of stress