Love Producing Content? We’re looking for you!
The Cheat Sheet is dedicated to providing audiences the information they want in an approachable, entertaining way. We want readers to save time and live more, so we closely follow, research, and write about topics to bring you the most up-to-date guides, reviews, lists, and advice.
We are looking for a full-time Slideshow Entertainment Writer to join our team. The Cheat Sheet is known for its comprehensive analysis of premium entertainment coverage, and you could be part of our team dedicated to creating this content!
As our Slideshow Entertainment Writer you will:
– Produce entertainment slideshow content for our CPC channels by utilizing engaging images and excellent copywriting and editing skills.
– Stay on top of and report on news and top trends in the entertainment and movie/tv industry using our slideshow template.
– Propose your own story ideas and angles based on your industry knowledge, as well as receive assignments from editors and channel managers.
– Understand and achieve content management goals for measuring success.
– Managing multiple projects of varying scopes and sizes at once in an independent environment.
– Occasionally work with other departments to develop stories that go beyond the Entertainment vertical.
– Consistently deliver high-quality and professional articles to expand the Money + Career vertical at our fast-growing company.
– Work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding environment.
What makes The Cheat Sheet a great place to work?
– We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 14 million monthly readers and our company was just named to Inc’s Top 5000 list for 2016.
– We are a tightly knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be an expert in the field. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
– We are an exciting, rapidly growing company and we want you to grow with us. At The Cheat Sheet, your career is what you make of it.
– Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can live wherever you want and work with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
– We offer competitive salaries, health, dental & vision insurance and 401k contributions.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
– A background in and passion for entertainment writing, as well as a voice that you’re looking to hone.
– A 4 year degree or 1-3 years equivalent experience in content creation, preferably as a writer, editor, content strategist or producer.
– Exceptional writing and editing abilities with an English professor’s grasp of grammar.
– Excellent analytical and research capabilities.
– A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
– Experience in online CMS (WordPress,etc.) required
– A strong grasp of proper grammar and punctuation (e.g., Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style). Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.
– Experience with online media libraries, and general reference sites a plus.
– The ability to propose your own story ideas and angles based on your industry knowledge.
– Excellent organizational, project management and communication skills.
– Ability to work independently in a virtual environment.
Competitive salary, PTO, health/dental/vision insurance & 401(k)
Hourly Rate/Salary: Salary Negotiable