Want to contribute to great, high-performing news apps – and make them even better? If so, The Washington Post is the place for you.
Our Engineering Team is an agile, high-performance team focused world-class content, cutting edge technology outstanding user experiences and using best practices. You will have the opportunity to contribute to products that will be used by millions of people. . Being a trusted partner with major tech brands such as Google, we have access to cutting-edge gadgetry such as the Chromecast months before they are released.
As a Mobile Developer, you will play an integral role in helping to deliver increasingly smarter mobile apps to our customers. We are looking for someone with serious Android Software Development skills, strong interests in all things mobile, and a passion for delivering high quality, rock-solid apps.
- Help design and develop exciting new features into existing mobile apps
- Identify, troubleshoot, and solve complex problems
- Build a deep understanding of our use of per-platform technologies
- Understand the complexities of and help integrate different third-party SDKs
- Continuously look for ways to improve what we’re doing and how we do it
- Stay on top of new technologies and trends in the mobile space
- Participate in agile software development practices and peer/code reviews
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related technical field
- One or more apps in the Google Play Store and/or Amazon markets
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Expert level development background in Java
- 1-3 years experience with Android SDK, Android Studio, Eclipse, and the Android Emulator
- Experience with Amazon Mobile App SDK.
- Additional knowledge of RESTful services and other server-side principles is a plus
- Good understanding of Version Control principles, preferably using Git. Familiarity with Agile/Scrum
About The Washington Post
The Washington Post was named the #1 Most Innovative Media Company of 2015 by Fast Company – an award reflective of our dedication to transformation, integrity and quality. We are combining our agile, high-performance engineering team with 138 years of world-class journalism to deliver quality content and innovative experiences. We offer an array of products and services including The Washington Post newspaper, The Washington Post app, Washington Post Classic app, washingtonpost.com, WP BrandConnect, Washington Post Live events and Post TV, yet our approach is always the same– shape ideas, redefine speed and take ownership. Every employee, every project, every day.