Headquarters: Washington, DC
We are GovPredict, an exponentially growing, Y Combinator-backed startup in Washington, DC. Our software+data product helps companies predict what the US government will do. We work with Fortune 500 publicly-traded companies, Ivy-League universities, and United States House and Senate offices. Our culture is “build fast and ask questions later.”
But we value rigor and best-practices too. Our team of powerful engineers is building the software that no government has ever seen before. We communicate in English, Russian, and Romanian. Our team of top-tier software developers is in Moldova and Romania and our sales + business development is in the USA.
- Python scrapers
- Apache Kafka data pipeline
- A few other internal software tools
About the Job
As an engineer focused on Python, data, and scraping, you will be responsible for the life-blood of our company. Our product pulls in data from structured APIs or from unstructured sources with our python scrapers. We then manipulate, organize, and display it in never before seen ways to our customers.
We take data integrity seriously because that’s why our clients love us. You will help to write new scrapers, maintain existing ones, and improve the architecture our various data import tools. You will apply best practices and write smart+scalable code. You will be working with data nobody has ever worked with before.
- Remote work
- Full time
- Competitive pay
- NOT an agency or outsourcing company — you will work only on one product
- Strong engineering background
- 3+ years industry experience
- Experience working in Python
- Desire to write, maintain, and test scrapers
- Can take a task from gathering requirements to deployment and maintenance
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and orally in English (other team members speak Russian, Romanian, Spanish, and Portuguese in addition)
- Eager to learn new things and apply them quickly
- Ability to learn and know best practices and apply them to projects
- Willing to work full-time with some overlap on US business hours (8am to 6pm EST)