Headquarters: Los Angeles
Citrusbyte is a software consultancy that believes in using simple tools to solve problems. We build custom systems for both startups and enterprises – You can see our portfolio for more information about our clients.
We have offices in Los Angeles and New York, but we work remotely with people from all around the world.
Our engineers have experience in a consultative environment, excellent communication skills and a desire to work with talented teams building innovative products. We work closely with our clients, sharing our experience and processes to help them define and create their products.
Most of our projects are written in Ruby, so experience in this language is required, but we are looking for polyglot engineers who have a hunger for learning new languages and tools. At Citrusbyte, learning is part of the job, and you should always be able to answer the question: “what have I learned this week?”
We believe that less is more and we vehemently value simplicity. This is reflected in the tools we choose to work with. For this reason we tend to avoid using big frameworks like Ruby on Rails and instead lean towards smaller tools like Sinatra, Roda or Cuba.
We have also done projects in Elixir, Node.js, Go, Python, Lua, etc. And strive to learn new tools and languages everyday. We believe in always choosing the right tool for the job and we are very open minded about trying different technologies.
- Smart, gets things done
- Excellent communication skills
- Consulting experience
- Passionate about software development
- Experience working in a highly distributed company
- Open minded and always learning
- Architect and build web applications.
- Work with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products.
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a collaborative and distributed team.