Are you one of the top Software Architects in the world? Were you an early adopter of virtualization, containers and cloud infrastructure? Do you love to automate everything that needs to be done more than once? Are you interested in earning $100,000 USD while being able to work from any location that is comfortable to you? Eager to join a development network of the most talented remote workers in the world? If so, this role is for you. Through Crossover, you’ll earn the most competitive wages on the market, collaborate with the most skilled teams in your field, and work for elite companies around the world.
Aurea is partnering with Crossover to hire the best and brightest Docker Chief Architects. Aurea enables global enterprises to create transformative experiences for their end customers across a range of industries including retail, travel & hospitality, insurance, energy, life sciences, and insurance. Aurea products enable companies to build, execute, monitor, and optimize the end-to-end customer journey across multiple channels and touch-points to maximize growth through a superior customer experience. Aurea serves over 2,000 customers worldwide.
The Docker CA will be in charge of migrating products to Cloud using AWS, Docker and Aurora by taking any of our products from a legacy state, manual build/deploy processes, ancient dependencies, fragile architecture, weak security, lack of scalability or performance). Reverse engineer its legacy architecture and key flows (white box vs black box approach), understand its key weaknesses on the following pillars of cloud-readiness such as security, reliability, simplicity, performance, operational agility and automation.
Design out the weaknesses, work hands-on and/or partner with and providing leadership to Product Development team. The final goal is to transform the product into a full dockerized CD pipeline with fully automated build/deploy/monitoring/resiliency processes in a fully consolidated Docker and Aurora environment with no unknown remaining legacy issues in terms of security, reliability, performance and operational agility.
Skills & Requirements
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Expertise in Amazon Web Services. In particular infrastructure services like AWS Elastic Beanstalk & CloudFormation
- Experience with Docker and Aurora
- Expertise in DevOps tools like Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Solid experience with the networking, performance, security and operational aspects of the AWS environment
- At least 8 years of experience in senior hands-on scripting programming
- Proficient in modern architecture stacks, SOA, relational DBs, stateless API, etc
- Excellent understanding of current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, including virtual environments, source control, remote development, issue tracking, build and test automation, and networking management
- Key open source contributor to Docker or other DevOps projects will be considered a plus.
- A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach; demonstrated success as a problem solver, operating as a result-oriented, self-starter
- Comfort “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world. We do a lot of Skype and video conferencing
Total compensation: $50/hr for 40 productive hours per week
Location: Global (remote)
We’re one of the few legitimate companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home. You never have to fight traffic to the office again and you have the freedom to choose when and where you put in your 40 hours to be most effective each week.
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time so we thank you in advance for your efforts.
Crossover is redefining the way people work. Brick and mortar offices are history. The future of our global workforce will be built from teams collaborating from every corner of the world. We have embarked on an expedition to find and engage with that talent. Crossover has developed a unique method of finding, curating, and managing remote contractors.
And now, as a fully distributed company headquartered in Texas, United States we have more than 800 people working for us in over 50 countries. Our platform connects customers to the world’s best talent for both technical and non-technical employment. But we don’t just find the best, we also provide the tools, training, and relationship building support to ensure success for long term growth.