Close date: Please submit your complete application by December 12, 2016.
Start date: As soon as possible or January 2, 2017.
Only applications that answer all questions at the bottom of this listing will be considered.
Saent is looking for a hands-on and experienced customer support professional interested in user engagement and community building. You’ll be our main contact with users and will understand the importance and value in building and leveraging those relationships.
At Saent, we’re helping people focus and live more balanced lives. We do this through a combination of software and hardware products, built by a completely distributed team of people all around the world (currently in Auckland, Calgary, New York, Providence, Berlin, Ho Chi-Minh, Beijing, Shenzhen) for customers who are also spread across the globe (60+ countries).
In this role, you will be responsible for providing top-notch customer support that is friendly, thorough, and time-sensitive. You will be working closely with our software and hardware development teams and our early user groups. You’ll be responsible for further structuring and optimizing our support processes so that we can start building a team of support professionals. You’ll increase our user engagement by creating dynamic communities online around topics like productivity, work-life balance, etc.
We want someone who can build a customer support team over the coming year. This role is not for you if you’re looking for someone holding your hand at all times. We are a young company and the team and our processes are still being built; don’t expect to arrive in a typical role where your responsibilities are very narrowly defined and clear.
Saent is set for fast growth in the months and years ahead, and we’re building a solution that eventually will benefit all the world’s 640 million knowledge workers. You will have a chance to help build the company and team, and shape our community of passionate users for the years and decades ahead.
Saent is a fully remote, global team, but please note that we would prefer this position to be based in North or South America, as our marketing and support teams are concentrated in the Western Hemisphere.
- Develop a deep understanding of our products and vision.
- Handle all customer support tickets. Structure and improve customer support process.
- Respond to all inquiries within 24 hours.
- Work closely together with our test manager and development team on bug tracking and resolution.
- Create rapport with users.
- Build online community and develop customer ambassador program.
- Keep Knowledge Base up-to-date.
- Maintain customer support canned replies.
- Assist Business Partnerships with account management and ongoing customer development and success.
- Other projects as required, such as conducting user interviews.
- Excellent communication skills in English in both a written and verbal form. Ability to communicate technical and/or multi-step instructions in clear and concise manner.
- Customer service experience. Ability to see things from a user perspective and a passion for helping people.
- Must be a motivated problem-solver. Willing to resolve new issues as they arise and follow up with stakeholders.
- Experience in user engagement and community building, ideally with building brand loyalty or an ambassador program.
- Extremely organized with a great eye for detail.
- Remote working experience desirable.
- Passionate about productivity and work-life balance.
- Demonstrable passion for and experience with both Windows and OS X software / apps, ideally also with wearables, IoT, or connected devices.
- A market-rate salary: USD4,000 per month month to start, with reevaluation within 6 months. Please note that this position will be on freelance-basis the first 3 – 6 months (Saent is in the process of establishing a North-American entity and will not be able to provide formal employment and benefits until Q2 of 2017);
- The ability to work from anywhere at anytime.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- A Kindle with an “all you can read” buffet on us.
Round 1: send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should include a cover letter, CV, and answers to the following nine questions. Please limit each answer to no more than 200 words.
- What makes a great customer support professional in your opinion?
- What would be your top priority in building and improving Saent’s community?
- Looking at Saent from the outside, what’s something you would do differently if you were in charge?
- Where does the name Saent come from?
- What’s the biggest challenge you’ve ever faced and how did you overcome it?
- What’s the one reason why we should hire you (and not someone else) for this role?
- When can you start, at least part-time?
- Are you willing and able to work on a freelance-basis the first 3 – 6 months? (Saent is in the process of establishing a North-American entity and will not be able to provide formal employment and benefits until sometime in Q2 of 2017)
- What’s the most fascinating book you’ve read recently?
Round 2: Asynchronous interview over Slack spread out over a few days with multiple Saent team members.
Round 3: Skype interview.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Send your application to email@example.com with the subject line: Customer support and community manager. Only applications that include a cover letter, CV, and all question answers (see above) and are received by December 12, 2016 will be considered.