The FAH Creatively Connected Film Festival Program Coordinator job is a remote, part-time, ten hour a week position, with an initial duration of January-May of 2017, reporting to the Director of Administration, but with significant ongoing collaboration with senior staff including the Foundation’s President, Jeremy Nobel, MD, MPH. The Coordinator provides film festival expertise and manages the inaugural Creatively Connected Film Festival, an online film festival with a one-day launch event, May 2017 in NYC.
The festival is centered around the themes of loneliness and isolation, as experienced by individuals dealing with various challenges and promotes the benefits of creative expression. The Coordinator is responsible for planning a program of quality films, a panel and a special event. The Coordinator works with staff, volunteers, and contractors to coordinate plan and implement the Creatively Connected Film Festival events, and tasks directly and indirectly associated with the film festival.
- Manage the process of programming film festival selections to include, but not limited to, call for entries, judging and screening process, notification process, negotiations and agreements, juried awards, panel, special guests and presentations and wrap-up and evaluation.
- Recruit, train and organize volunteer screeners.
- Assist in the development of film festival online and printed event program content; writing and editing as needed.
- Works as part of the staff team by attending conference call meetings and occasional face-to-face meetings in NYC.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Four-year college degree, Film or Media studies preferred.
- Two to four years of arts events or project management experience with an interest in independent film and the film industry.
- Excellent writing and computer skills.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to execute projects efficiently and according to schedule.
- Ability to work independently and to work well with others in a virtual environment.
Compensation: $15/hr-$20/hr; commensurate with experience. 8-10 hours Per Week. Contract:January- May 2017
To Apply: Please send resume and a cover letter that includes where you saw this listing to firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Foundation for Art & Healing
The Foundation’s mission is threefold: to explore and promote the relationship between creative arts expression and health and well-being through scientific research and multi-stakeholder engagement; to empower individuals and communities coping with challenging health conditions and life circumstances and to engage, inform, and inspire the ever-growing arts and healing community. For more information on the Creatively Connected Film Festival please visit www.artandhealing.org/ccff
The Foundation for Art & Healing is an equal opportunity employer.