The Retail Marketing Director at Reputation.com will be directly responsible for building and delivering world-class marketing for our retail goods and services vertical, working closely with sales, product marketing, content, demand generation and communications teams to orchestrate strategy and supporting tactics.
The successful candidate will have substantial experience in marketing for large retail chains, a unique blend of business and technical savvy, and a big-picture understanding of the retail industry. You understand the types of content and technologies that work most effectively with brick-and-mortar retail marketing buyers. Ideally you’ll understand B2B SaaS technology marketing. You also possess the ability to work in the fast-paced, dynamically changing environment of a startup.
This role can work remotely from a home office anywhere in the United States, or in our offices in Redwood City, CA or Tempe, AZ.
- Work with the core team to develop and deliver the business plan for the retail industry
- Spokesperson and lead evangelist with media and key influencers in retail marketing
- Serve as domain expert, advisor and thought leader with prospects, supporting sales as a non-commissioned overlay
- Differentiate us at industry events as a speaker, co-presenter and panelist
- Drive competitive messaging and positioning for retail
- Guide demand generation team to ensure that campaigns, content and execution perfectly fit the retail industry and key buyer types
- Develop content that drives demand and motivates action on the part of prospects, including articles, an industry newsletter, blog, videos (topical and with customers)
- Create customer-facing collateral including presentations, data sheets and web content
- Assist in the development of business cases and ROI models
- Provide guidance to product management and engineering on retail industry trends, customer needs and competitive moves that influence roadmap decisions
- Leverage social media to increase influence and engagement in relevant social media groups and channels
- Collaborate with PR agency
- Assist with sales activities and attend events to evangelize solutions
- 5-7+ years of marketing experience for a large retail goods or services chain, with significant experience in digital marketing to drive traffic to retail locations
- Experience in B2B SaaS marketing is a plus; MBA ideal
- Very strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, prospects and customers
- Experience leading teams
- International experience is a plus
- Comfortable traveling
Ninety percent of buyers say online reviews influence their purchasing decisions. A difference of one “star” in a rating leads to a 9 percent difference in revenue. Yet companies struggle to ensure that their reviews and ratings reflect actual customer satisfaction.
CMOs find themselves at the mercy of algorithms they don’t control on Google, Facebook and thousands of specialty sites – where no amount of marketing spend can offset the negative impact of a weak online reputation.
We deliver the category-leading Online Reputation Management (ORM) platform for large, multi-location enterprises. Our intelligent platform helps them:
* Monitor review sites and social media
* Generate more representative star ratings and reviews
* Make operational changes to improve customer experience
* Maximize customer retention and revenue
Reputation.com is a World Economic Forum Global Growth Company and is funded by the same top-tier venture capital firms that backed Google, Skype, Intuit and Microsoft.