At Customer.io, our mission is to help businesses communicate with their customers like human beings, not numbers. Today we do this with behavioral messaging software that empowers internet businesses with large user-bases to send targeted, more relevant email at scale. Our customers include Shutterstock, DigitalOcean, Handy, Watsi, plus over 900 companies who use us to communicate with over 100 million people.
What you can expect to work on in this role
The marketing designer will work with the marketing and sales teams to create and design the marketing site and any marketing/sales assets, as well as evolve our visual brand. You’ll apply your design smarts to help marketing communicate Customer.io’s brand, mission, and value proposition to a wide range of audiences. You’ll make a huge impact for the company by helping us communicate our vision and message better, and help differentiate us in a crowded marketing tech landscape.
Your work week will vary quite a bit and you’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of design projects and initiatives. Self-directed individuals will thrive here, and will feel confident using their personal strengths to make great work with us.
You’d be responsible for marketing design, including:
– the marketing website
– campaign landing pages and other digital assets
– graphics, images, and infographics to support our content and educational marketing initiatives, such as our blog, ad campaigns, etc.
– sales & marketing collateral such as ebooks, slide decks, case studies
– brand and event content: mascot, swag, banners, booths, etc.
– any visual assets that advance our business goals and delight our audience and customers
You’ll be effective if you
– Have strong graphic design, information design and illustration skills
– Have experience with digital design across the gamut of marketing channels
– Can translate and distill complex concepts into simplified graphic compositions
– Are empathetic and care about user experience — It’s hard to persuade people if you don’t understand where they’re coming from.
– Thrive in fast-moving, thoughtful iterative creative processes that involve big-picture brainstorming and incorporating feedback and context from the team
– Good communication, both internal and external
– Have worked with existing brand assets before and understand what is needed to scale
– Proficient knowledge of HTML/CSS and design tools/apps
– Proficient with Github
– Bonus points: if you have experience working with Sass (or other CSS preprocessor) and some web templating language (handlebars, slim, ERb); Middleman or similar static site generator; email design
Why Should You Work for Customer.io?
Work at our head office in Portland, OR or anywhere in the world you want. If you’re remote, we’ll buy you what you need to deck out your home office or give you a monthly budget for some co-working space. We want you to work where you’ll be most productive.
Competitive salary – We’re offering $70,000 – $90,000 USD for this position in the company depending on experience.
Equity – You’ll own a piece of the company. It’s not a get-rich-quick deal, but if you stay around for a while, we’re planning to be a long-lasting company and your piece of it may be a nice bonus.
Big Impact – Our team is small, but growing quickly. The work you do will materially impact how successful we are as a company.
Great Tools – Everyone in the company has a budget for a computer, a motorized standing desk, Steelcase Leap office chair, external monitor, and anything else you’d like to get your job done.
Health Benefits – We pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental and vision.
Retreats – We get our whole company together once a year. We’ve had retreats in Barcelona, Romania, and Hunter Mountain, NY.
Vacation – Rest and recuperation is important. We offer unlimited paid time off with a 2-week minimum per year.
Come Join Us
To apply, make sure you tell us why you’re interested in the position. Don’t forget to share some recent samples of work you’ve done recently that demonstrate the areas of responsibility for the position.