Love SEO Writing? We’re looking for you!
The Cheat Sheet is dedicated to providing audiences the information they want in an approachable, entertaining way. We want readers to save time and live more, so we closely follow, research, and write about topics to bring you the most up-to-date guides, reviews, lists, and advice.
The Cheat Sheet is looking for a freelance SEO Writer to join our team. The Cheat Sheet is known for its comprehensive analysis of premium lifestyle coverage, and you could be part of our team dedicated to creating this content!
As our Freelance SEO Writer you will:
- Work directly with the SEO Manager and Programming team to develop content designed for a variety of verticals and focused on organic traffic.
- Stay on top of and report on news and top trends in a variety of industries.
- Write articles based on assigned trending topics from SEO & Programming team.
- Write high-quality, SEO-driven articles for our growing verticals.
- Develop and produce content and media campaigns tailored to each vertical.
- Consistently deliver high-quality and professional articles.
- Work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding environment.
What makes The Cheat Sheet a great place to work?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 14 million monthly readers. Our site has been ranked Forbes’s #1 Social Media Influencer on Wall Street and a Google Editors’ Picks partner.
- We are a tightly knit team passionate about our product and we strive to be experts in our fields. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, rapidly growing company and we want you to grow with us. At The Cheat Sheet, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere you choose. We have a distributed workforce, which means you can live wherever you want and work with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- A strong understanding of SEO best-practices and a background in SEO writing (preferably at content marketing agency).
- A background in and interest writing for a variety of topics, as well as a voice that you’re looking to hone.
- A strong grasp of proper grammar and punctuation (e.g., Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style). Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.
- The skill to recognize interesting news elements, come up with story ideas, and have these appeal to every kind of reader.
- Previous experience using WordPress is preferred, but not required.
If this opportunity interests you and you fit the job description, please fill out this form.
The Cheat Sheet is the ultimate destination for everything modern men want, need, and ought to know, do or buy so they can get the most out of life.
The Cheat Sheet is built for sophisticated modern men who inherently understand and leverage the power of the Information Age. They are curious and adventurous, and they depend on The Cheat Sheet to provide the freedom to remain active and maximize their experiences.
We are a tightly-knit team passionate about building the world’s go-to resource for quickly learning useful knowledge in a fast-paced mobile era. You’ll love our quirky, positive, and welcoming environment where the sky’s the limit for your career.
We are driven individuals who are excited about going to work everyday. We take pride in our products and are talented leaders in our industry. We don’t just hire smart people. We hire people who crave an open environment where they can be creative, ambitious, and have a real impact.
We’re a super-friendly group of people who love to stay connected via our virtual #watercooler. Here you’ll find quirky anecdotes, funny gifs and emojis, lots of laughter, details about our virtual secret santa exchange, and much more.
Flexibility rules! At The Cheat Sheet you are welcome to work from anywhere: your home, a coffee shop, or even the beach! We care more about high-quality results than your location in space-time while you create things our readers love.