School-to-School International (STS) is seeking an Editor / Graphics Coordinator. Prior technical editing, document production, and graphics/multimedia experience is required, as are strong MS Office and Adobe Design skills and exceptional attention to detail. It is essential that candidates demonstrate outstanding communications, teamwork, and leadership skills. Strong attention to detail, strategic thinking for visualization, and the ability to handle a heavy workload with poise and professionalism are necessary for the successful candidate.
STS’s home office based in Pacifica, California, but this position may be based remotely.
– Collaborate with technical staff on the development and production of USAID and other donor reports, case studies, and/or multimedia products from inception to distribution.
– Liaise with staff to produce engaging print and digital products to showcase their work in creative ways;
– Edit for organization, content, technical accuracy, and style. Exercise good judgment in assessing the level of edit a piece of documentation requires at every stage of the process;
– Develop and execute internal and external review processes of documentation as needed;
– Provide formatting and general document and multimedia production following an existing set of preferences, styles, and design templates;
– Collaborate across departments as needed to contribute to operational efficiencies; and
– Perform other tasks as deemed appropriate and necessary.
– Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field;
– Minimum of two (2) years of professional editorial and production experience;
– Excellent writing, technical editing, proofreading skills and strong verbal communication skills are critical;
– Proven experience coordinating editing, revisions, and layout activities; determination of priorities; and management for tight deadlines of multiple tasks with a good sense of humor;
– Experience with US government procurements highly preferred;
– Experience with information graphics, interactive PDFs, or other multimedia preferred;
– Strong organizational experience that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
– Full proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Design is required; experience producing infographics and multimedia deliverables is desirable;
– Proficiency in French or Spanish desirable.
How to Apply:
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of this online application process:
– A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
– A current CV in reverse chronological format
– A portfolio of relevant artwork
Application materials should be submitted to the email address below with the subject line “Editor / Graphics Coordinator”
Application deadline: January 2, 2017
Start date: January 9, 2017
Employment type: Full Time
Professional level: Professional
Education: 4-year degree English Journalism Communications
Languages: English, Spanish
Language proficiency: Proficiency in French or Spanish desired
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org