As a Content Marketing Specialist, you will leverage expert writing, content strategy and project management skills to increase adoption of our products and grow awareness of the Help Scout brand. We currently have over 400k unique monthly visitors reading our blog and resources. We need your help producing world-class content and growing our audience.
The right person for this role is creative, detail-oriented, organized and excited by new challenges. You are strategic and goal-driven, using diverse, metrics-based content strategies to build relationships with our customers while developing new angles and avenues for our content.
About the role
- As part of the content team you’ll report to the Director of Content, Devin Bramhall, and work closely with Writer, Emily Triplett Lentz and Customer Evangelist, Mat Patterson. You’ll add your voice to our blog, writing 2-4 articles each month that meet our sky-high standards of excellence.
- You’ll build relationships with members of the Product Marketing, Customer Development and Experiments teams, collaborating to identify content and growth opportunities that balance long-term goals of customer goodwill and engagement with short-term business impact.
- There’s a lot of planning that goes into the content we produce and coordination to get that content in front of people. You’ll assist in content planning, including blog post topics, content marketing campaigns and SEO strategy.
- You’ll own our newsletter, delivering meaningful content to 80,000+ subscribers several times each week.
- You’ll manage our social media content and report monthly on results of campaigns and tests and identify new opportunities.
- Feedback is important to us and we rely on it to bring our audience impactful content. You’ll take anecdotal and quantitative feedback and apply it to new content and new content types (text, visuals, video).
- You are an exceptional writer, with the ability to grasp complex ideas and explain them in plain language. When writing blog posts, guides, or social media copy, you work hard to make every word matter. Your style is friendly and engaging, and contains just the right amount of humor.
- You have a thorough, practical understanding of the content marketing process and balancing competing demands and needs while always delivering content and communications that are valuable for our customers.
- You can manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously. You are talented at managing expectations and your own time.
- You love collaborating across teams and are personable, helpful, detail-oriented and incredibly organized.
- You believe remote teams are the future of work. You have experience working with remote teams or can adjust your work/management style to be remote-friendly.
- You are empathetic and thoughtful, always putting yourself in the customer’s shoes. You know that the most relevant messages start with understanding how people feel.
- It’s not a requirement but if you have a basic understanding of HTML and visual design production know-how, it’s a plus!
- Competitive Salary– We pay at or above market salary in most cases and evaluate a lot of research to make sure everyone is paid well. The formula we use to calculate all salaries is public to employees and is improved upon regularly.
- Work anywhere– Work from our office in Boston or anywhere else, provided you have 4 hours of overlap with the team. We’ll even buy your home office furniture or help you pay for a co-working space.
- Health and dental insurance– We cover you and your family’s health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we’ll cover you on our Harvard Pilgrim HMO or PPO policies.
- Long-term/Short-term Disability Insurance & Life Insurance– we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST Disability insurance and base Life Insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider.
- International Benefit Stipend – If you’re based outside the US, you’ll receive a monthly stipend that goes towards covering medical insurance, long and short-term disability, and accountant costs.
- Flexible vacation– Take time off when you need it, we trust you.
- Paid parental leave, including adoption – 12 weeks if you have or adopt a baby, 4 weeks if your partner has a baby.
- 401k with 1% match– 1% Retirement Plan matching for both US and International Employees
- Personal development stipend– Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
- Great tools– Each employee receives a Mac laptop and 27” display (or equivalent). We’ll also purchase any of the software or hardware you need as well as high-end furniture to get your home office started
- Complete transparency– Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Help Scout is a remote team with employees in many states and seven countries (eight people in the Boston office). We optimize the team for excellence over geography and overcome remote challenges through transparency, trust, and video conferencing.
We’re a customer-driven company and always will be. Everything follows the customer experience, no exceptions. There is no sales team. Everyone at Help Scout is aligned in their motivation to create content that adds value and build a product that is a pleasure for businesses to use.
Our company is growing quickly and has aspirations of helping millions of people around the world. Accomplishing our goals will present countless challenges and require you to excel in every aspect of the position. It’s super hard, but the people we’re looking for love tackling hard problems.
This is not the typical startup “rocketship”. We’ll never compromise customers or the experience in favor of growth. Our purpose is to build a profitable company that small businesses love and sustain it for the long term. There are no kegerators, playgrounds or Xboxes. Instead, we’d prefer employees to have a sustainable work/life balance and for their career at Help Scout to be a long one.