Headquarters: Washington, DC
Help us create the digital curriculum of the future.
Our well-funded, fast-growing education technology startup is looking for software engineers to help us create essential tools for teachers, students, districts, and parents. You will play a key role in building LearnZillion’s technology platform and shaping its future. You will work closely with product designers, software engineers, product managers, academics, our co-founders, and user community to build our world-class web and mobile applications.
You should be technically skilled, focused, and creative.
The Engineering & Design team excels at building product that delights users and solves complex problems simply. We ship product daily, value iteration over big upfront design, pay attention to the details, and help each other improve.
Our team is made up of experienced and newer SaaS product builders. We not only impact LearnZillion but regularly provide thought leadership and code contribution to the third parties we rely on, including many big name tech companies.
Our Technology Stack
- Ruby on Rails 4 (HAML and SASS+Compass)
- Ruby 2
- GitHub, Code Climate, Circle CI, automated QA test suite
- No significant technical debt; we’ve paid it off. 39 reported bugs with a plan to exterminate them.
- Design and develop full-stack software to add impactful new features for teachers, students, parents, and administrative users
- Write unit, functional, and integration tests
- Collaborate with engineering, QA, product, and product design team members
- Scale our applications as our user base grows
- A solid understanding of Ruby
- 1+ years of experience improving the performance of Ruby on Rails applications with Memcached and background job processing frameworks (Sidekiq, Resque, Delayed::Job, etc.)
- Intrinsically-motivated individual who loves to get things done
- Competitive salary and paid time off
- 4% 401(k) contribution matching
- Remote-work friendly schedule
- Work daily with top-notch engineering and product design team members
- Make the digital curriculum of the future a reality for students everywhere
LearnZillion is an equal opportunity employer.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION