Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers and designers all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering and design talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
The Toptal Core Team has scaled rapidly, and it is critical that Toptal’s cultural values of personal growth and mentorship and our remote work best practices remain strong throughout the organization. As the Learning & Development Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to ensure the successful onboarding of all new hires and the continued learning and development of all core team members.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Ensure all new hires are successfully onboarded and properly set up for long-term success at the company.
- Coordinate between different team leaders to ensure all tasks related to the onboarding process are completed effectively.
- Manage a variety of technologies and trackers to ensure every step of new employee setup is completed flawlessly and on time.
- Develop learning tools, document onboarding processes and checklists, and evolve a variety of other forms of onboarding materials.
- Identify onboarding issues and work with the appropriate people to find long-term solutions.
- Build, enhance, and spread Toptal’s culture throughout all levels of the organization.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Skype.
- You must be proactive and love interacting with others.
- You must equally love working with spreadsheets and maintaining trackers.
- Familiarity with Skype, Slack, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, and Google Sites is a must.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- You must have an exceptional ability to deal with multiple priorities.
- You must be flexible to accommodate onboarding needs in time zones around the world (i.e. 9 to 5 is not the norm).
- You need to be comfortable interacting with global teams, and you must always be an outstanding brand ambassador.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to identify issues impeding team and individual growth and a sense for how to fix those problems.
- Experience creating onboarding materials and training documents that are professional and polished.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal.