As the Head of Social Media at Toptal, you will be the public voice of the company on all external sites. You will work closely with core team members across a variety of roles, including the team leads in Marketing, PR, Community, and Growth. You will be responsible for growing Toptal’s brand awareness and position as a thought leader in the remote work and agile talent spaces, as well as in the broader startup world. You will be responsible for developing short- and long-term social media strategies across Twitter, Facebook, and more by learning from the expertise of leaders across Toptal. You will also be responsible for the management of social media policies, procedures, and tools for the entire Toptal organization.
- Create an overarching social media strategy and workflow that will guide all future initiatives on Toptal’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Implement new procedures and systems, including defining social media policies and engagement guidelines.
- Interview leaders across the Toptal organization on topics in remote working, agile talent, and startup growth to develop thought leadership material for social media.
- Define and measure KPIs for social media initiatives and develop strategies to improve their performance over time.
- Create, execute, and measure social media campaigns to ensure that they are carried out effectively and meet defined strategic goals over the short-, medium-, and long-term.
- Create and maintain strong external partnerships while excelling Toptal’s global brand.
- Develop and execute ways to consistently tell the Toptal Community’s stories to a broader audience.
- Contribute to weekly team meeting and strategy sessions.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Skype.
- A background or strong interest in the tech industry and startup world.
- Experience in marketing or communications roles at a tech startup is preferred.
- Experience as an individual contributor in an academic or research setting is preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- A strong understanding of the components of compelling, action-inducing communications.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative, creativity, and drive.
- An exceptional eye for quality and be capable of evaluating ideas with accuracy and rigor.
- You must be able to work without much supervision and manage your time and resources efficiently.
- A strong understanding of best practices across a variety of social media platforms and a great deal of common sense.
- While a technical background is not required, an understanding of the tech/development space and a demonstrated ability to engage developers, designers, and entrepreneurs is a plus.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers all over the world. In the last four years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
Toptal has worked with over 2,000 clients (https://www.toptal.com/clients) to date. Toptal clients include Airbnb, J.P. Morgan, Zendesk, Artsy, IDEO, Pfizer, and many more.
The Toptal network includes thousands of designers and developers in over 100 countries. To be accepted into the network, all Toptal freelancers must pass a screening process (https://www.toptal.com/top-3-percent) that includes tests for English and communication skills and a variety of technical exams specific to the applicant’s area of expertise, for example timed algorithm tests, live coding exercises, and test projects.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.