Headquarters: Seattle, WA
What’s in it for you:
- Work from anywhere! We also have a great quiet office on South Lake Union if you want to work from here.
- Stay in the code. Sharpen your skills. Help other sharp engineers. Talk to people.
- Stability and opportunity to work on a range of projects with great clients.
- Manage allocation of the time and skills of our sr. web developers, sr. front-end developers, and web operations staff.
- Continue to foster our creative, focused, developer-friendly environment.
- Support goals around code consistency, standards of code quality, and documentation.
- Ensure organization and documentation of our central code base of custom project work and other IP.
- Participate with Technical PM’s and clients on scoping custom implementations, Agile sprint planning and general project management.
- Close working relationship with business development to assess and price new client projects.
- Engaging in the open source community.
- Custom development of modules and extensions for the Drupal CMS and Magento Commerce.
- Integration with various API’s and third-party platforms.
- Support webops with server-side tasks – backups, monitoring, certs, code repositories, security.
- Ensuring a quality product is delivered to clients.
- BA/BS degree plus a minimum of 5 years of related work experience. Development management experience required.
- Experience in client-service environments. Your professional and client service-oriented!
- 4+ years in web development and strong PHP experience; experience with the Zend framework a plus.
- Experience with Drupal or Magento and their respective API’s.
- Experience integrating with third-party API’s and web services.
- Basic LAMP server administration experience, MySQL knowledge, and Git administration.
- Education or professional experience with C#, Java or Ruby are beneficial. Most coding projects are currently in PHP. Understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Model-View-Controller (MVC) frameworks.
- Understanding of content organization and concepts within information architecture.
- Interest in the open-source software development model & participation in the open source development community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends in emerging and existing web technologies
- Independence, enthusiasm, superb communication and organization skills.
To learn more about the company, visit www.beargroup.com. We currently work as a distributed team, and our project-based work allows for some flexibility in work hours. Seattle area is preferred, but ultimately the position can be performed remotely with regular status meetings.
We offer competitive compensation, learning challenges, and opportunity to grow your career with the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter or email, we are interested in how you answer these two questions: 1) Tell us about the most typical client difficulty you face and a technique you use to resolve it? 2) How do you motivate engineers? What’s difficult about leading a distributed team and how do you overcome it?