Who we are: Located in Toronto, Ontario, Swift Medical™ Inc. is a leader in next-generation medical imaging and machine-vision technology. Our inaugural product suite, Swift Wound XL, helps health care organizations set a new standard in wound care management and, most importantly, helps patients heal faster and live better lives.
The Position: Swift is a dynamic, innovative and fast growing company. We’re looking for someone who can help us expand our product line and reach into new markets and we’re currently seeking a full-stack developer. In this position, you’ll work closely with with Product, Engineering and QA to build and deliver new technology and amazing UX to our customers. Not in Toronto? No problem this position is open to remote applicants as well.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with other designers and developers to turn product plans into code
- Build highly scalable API services
- Become intimately familiar with our application and form opinions on how to debug and improve it
- Fix bugs fast and take your time to solve hard problems well
- Support other developers in building new features and products
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks (We use React-Redux-Rails)
- Experience using Ruby on Rails and Node.js, or the ability to learn them quickly based on past experience
- Experience writing well-tested code (Rspec, Gherkin, Mocha, Jest, etc.)
- Solid fundamental understanding of web technologies including HTTP, REST APIs, Browser capabilities and limitations
- Complete comfort with software development tools (git, JIRA, CI)
- Good architectural sense and a passion for high quality code
- You come with a proven ability to communicate effectively with management and technical teams as well as other business units. You’re a people-oriented individual.
- You have strong problem solving skills and an innovative approach to tackling challenges.
- You’re a self-starter with a strong work ethic. You’re comfortable working independently and you like to be productive.
- You sweat the details.
- You’re positive.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment. That means you’re not phased by multi-tasking, managing shifting priorities, or following through on projects with minimal supervision.
Thanks for considering Swift Medical™
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you possess the required education, skills and experience, we invite you to reply with a resume via email to Dan Williams via email@example.com