Article is the leading vertically integrated e-commerce brand for modern furniture. Article is using technology to change how consumers furnish their homes.
Our unique, direct-to-consumer model allows us to deliver stunning, high quality furniture at a fraction of the cost of traditional retailers, and this is winning us fans and customers at a tremendous rate. As we continue this growth we need some incredible people to join our engineering team to help reinvent the furniture industry.
We are looking to add to our rapidly growing Engineering team to lead development of our purchasing, manufacturing, logistics, forecasting, operations management, service automation and end to end customer experience management systems.
Our Philosophy to Technology
- Do things that increases business value.
- Simplicity is more than just a word.
- Automate, Automate and Automate.
- Deploy early and Deploy often.
- Write less code that does more.
What you will be working on
- In-house Purchasing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Operations Management and Service Automation systems.
- In-house E-commerce platform including content management, search, navigation, discovery, checkouts, tracking and customer self-serve modules.
- Analytics and business intelligence systems.
- In-house Marketing Automation modules.
- Future R&D on new technologies to help re-invent online home furnishing.
- We are primarily a Java shop, Excellent command over Java is must.
- Experience building web applications using Java
- Experience in other languages is an asset, specially in Python.
- Experience with Playframework not needed but will be an asset.
- Should be able to hand code CSS and SCSS. Should be able to write clean style sheets.
- Good problem solving skills.
- 6+ Years of Software development experience.
- Bachelor Degree or Higher in Computer Science or related fields.
- PST timezone. The person need to be able to work 9am-5pm PST.
- 9am-5pm Video and Audio connection to the head office.
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we take care of our team. We strive to help our customers spend less and live more, and we want to do the same for our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- A comprehensive benefits package (after a 3 month probationary period).
- Significant discounts on our beautiful products to help decorate your home, and also for your friends and family.
- Regular fun, extracurricular activities – we are open to suggestions from the whole team, so come armed with some ideas!
- A regularly stocked kitchen full of delicious things to eat and drink.