GitHub’s user base is growing and the web support team is growing with it. We’re looking for a web support team manager located in the Europe or Asia Pacific to help lead our passionate, distributed support staff and work with them to create effective and efficient support processes and solve users’ problems. This is the current list of countries in which we are set up as an employer in Europe and Asia Pacific, so legal working authorization is required: Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Austria, Croatia, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
The Web Support EU-APAC Accounts Manager will work with their team members to provide guidance and support in the day-to-day work environment. The manager will also work side-by-side with the team answering emails and help resolve users’ issues as quickly and awesomely as possible. The manager will also participate in the weekly management meetings providing input and guidance into the team direction and future growth of the organization.
When GitHub users have questions, they email support. We help people as quickly and awesomely as possible. Our Account Support team handles a wide range of questions that require a logical brain and a spidey sense to investigate and determine the appropriate solution to many of the problems.
The most important characteristic of our support team is that we love helping developers. GitHub is a place for people to work better, together. Our job is to help. Support treats users the way we’d want someone to treat our friends.
Our support teammates have excellent writing chops: stellar grammar, charming written personality, and the ability to explain complicated things simply. We measure our success in swiftness, accuracy, and clarity.
The Web Support EU-APAC Accounts Manager will report to the Director of Web Support, who will help maintain open lines of communication among team members and help keep work focused on things that are important to the individuals, the team, and the company. They will also keep communication open with the Engineering and Product teams to serve everyone involved. The Web Support EU-APAC Accounts Manager will work with the Human Resources team to help resolve personnel issues as they arise as well as hiring for Web Support.
- Meeting 1-1 with team members on a regular basis
- Planning and supporting career development
- Giving guided performance feedback
- Serving as a coach and mentor
- Keeping communication channels open within the entire Support team as well as cross-functionally
- Serving as hiring manager for the team
- Participating in management conversations about the day-to-day business as well as future direction and stratergy of the team
- Responding to user emails
- Working with Engineering to resolve problems on GitHub.com
- Driving efficiencies within support tools and processes
- Tracking and monitoring project progress and ensuring deliverables are completed
- Must currently reside in one of the following: Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Austria, Croatia, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- Must have current working authorization in country listed above
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with managing people
- Passionate about creating and fostering good support practices
- Ability to empathize with a diverse range of people
- A strong sense of empathy and the ability to advocate for others
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A malleable writing style and voice
- Have worked with a distributed team
- Experience working remotely
- Managing a remote team
- Hiring experience
- Prior customer support experience
- Technical experience (QA, documentation, elaborate boardgames)
WHO WE ARE
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over ten million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com, our desktop and mobile apps, and GitHub Enterprise, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write better code, faster.
We have a lot of exciting things to do, and we’re looking for the right people to grow with us!
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN
Working at GitHub is, to put it simply, a special slice of the universe. We’re committed to transparency, collaboration, experimentation, and always staying classy.
Because of this unique perspective, we’ve established one of the most flexible and well designed physical workspaces around that encourages you to work as you work best. Right now, over 60% of our employees are based outside of our San Francisco (SOMA) headquarters and work according to how they get their best stuff done.
Ensuring that GitHubbers are healthy, motivated, focused and creative is how GitHub stays awesome. Part of this is ensuring that our benefits* are out of this world.
In a nutshell, we’ve built and are growing a place where we truly love working, and we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and we like it that way. We invite applications from people of all stripes. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s anything we can do to make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate.