We are looking for people that have a passion for writing great code and using new technology. Our team loves exploring new tech like Kubernetes, Docker, Gradle, Scala, Gradle, etc, and we have team members who are key contributors to K8s and Hibernate.
This is a full-time, remote, contract opportunity for six months available to US and Canadian residents only. Please do not apply if you live outside of the US and Canada. Occasional travel to the Los Angeles area may be required. There is a good likelihood the position will extend beyond six months if things go well.
Please include links to any public apps you have worked on, links to any OSS code you may have, and your hourly rate in your application.
Skills & Requirements:
– Very passionate about coding
– Passionate about clean design and aware of the different layers that exist in a system
– Capable of leveraging basic data structures and algorithms to solve problems (i.e. CS fundamentals, nothing crazy, just enough to make good decisions).
– Interested in technologies such as Haskell, Scala, etc.
– A master of:
>>> A JVM based language
>>> Spring (or another DI platform)
>>> Developing REST APIs
– Able to demonstrate working knowledge in the following things
>>> Unit tests
>>> Integration & Load testing for APIs
>>> Maven or Gradle
>>> ORM (e.g JPA, Hibernate)
>>> Using Docker for deployment
Nice to Have:
– GraphQL knowledge
– Worked with DynamoDB or RDS
– Familiar with Kafka
– Familiar with Apache Tinkerpop
– Familiar with Kubernetes