Are you a lover of PHP whose heart is warmed by an elegant solution to a tough challenge? Do you chuckle smugly when your Node.JS friends say that PHP can’t accomplish something you just did with it?
We are seeking a developer to install, extend, build and support a wide array of PHP-based content management and e-commerce systems. We don’t want somebody who just does what they’re told, but somebody who truly loves to create and relishes a tricky challenge.
NuRelm provides a wide breadth of experience, plenty of room for professional growth, a fun workplace, and an environment that values the input of everyone on the team. We are looking for a smart person who loves the Web, who loves to learn, and who enjoys working on a variety of technologies / projects.
Full health coverage with prescription/vision/dental, paid vacation (3 weeks the first year, 4 weeks after the second, 5 weeks after 5 years), stock options, flexible schedules, telecommuting options (most of us telecommute 3 days a week while meeting in our Pittsburgh office the other 2, while others are completely remote), gear allowance, frequent team building activities disguised as happy hour.
- Develop back-end and extended functionality for PrestaShop, Drupal, WordPress, and a variety of other tools.
- Utilize and develop APIs to build applications and connect diverse systems such as CRM, e-commerce, accounting and messaging systems or services.
- Develop software through the entire software development lifecycle while adhering to agile methodologies.
- Learn new tools and techniques for building great software.
- Willingness and aptitude to move seamlessly between multiple programming languages, frameworks, and platforms.
- Bring your own expertise to share with the staff and add to your experience by learning from others in a collaborative environment.
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology, or related field from an accredited 4 year institution. Must have a minimum overall 3.0 GPA.
- 3 to 5 years of object-oriented design experience.
- Professional experience with PHP 5 and MySQL.
- Experience using PHP MVC frameworks such as Laravel or CakePHP.
- Knows agile development practices, thinks they’re awesome, and is excited to use them.
- 3+ years of Linux/UNIX systems engineering, administration, and automation.
- Experience with Git as a version control tool.
- Involved with open source projects.
- Ability to build and consume RESTful web services.
- Comfort with basic DevOp technologies in the *nix world, such as a variety of Linux flavors, Git, Docker, Vagrant, continuous integration approaches, shell scripting, Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Postgres, Redis, Sidekiq, DNS, HTTP, IP routing / networking.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised both independently and in small groups.
- Must have a strong work ethic, love the work, and be able to handle multiple projects at once.
Successful Team Members Will Be …
- Happy working with a remote team through Slack, Hangouts, Limnu, and whatever works. Our team includes a local Pittsburgh office, where staff works in the office 2 out of 5 days each week, and completely remote team members.
- Excellent communicators, via written and spoken English, and via technical documentation of processes.
- Hungry learners who love digging deep and keeping up with new technologies.
- Willing mentors who enjoy helping fellow team members develop.
- Willing to work for eight solid hours per day where at least six overlap with 8:30am to 5:30pm EST.
- Available to work off-hours as necessary, and participate in rotating on-call schedules.
- Happy to travel occasionally for team meetings and events.
NuRelm has been building web applications since 1999. We help our clients build smart online commerce systems, mobile apps, content managed websites and custom applications that integrate with the rest of their business. Our clients and employees are our partners, and continuous learning is our passion.
We enjoy our work and lives outside of work. Everyone starts with 3 weeks of vacation, great healthcare, a nice computer / travel allowance, and the ability to telecommute up to 3 days a week.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
To apply, submit your resume and any relevant URLs to firstname.lastname@example.org.