Location: Australia (UTC +10) or Japan (UTC +9), Remote
Customer support at Trello is different.
To start with, we let our customers decide if they want to pay us or not. Seriously. If our customers are not amazingly happy, they get their money back with no questions asked. Our front line staff are empowered to make our customers happy. Usually, it means tapping a broad range of resources, whether that’s making sure you have all the right software, or working directly with an engineer to troubleshoot a case. You’ll have what you need to get the job done.
You will not be a queue monkey. Sure, we need to get back to customers via email—that will always be there—but support is so much more than grinding through an inbox. This is a real problem-solving job. You’ll have an incredible amount of autonomy in determining how best to contribute your talents and skills to Trello. Think a short video will help customers get started? Make it. Want to write a script to help a customer with the API? Go for it. There’s plenty of room for creativity and technical exploration when it comes to better serving our customers.
The other side of support is working with the other teams at Trello. All of our teams—engineering, marketing, sales, etc—benefit from support’s role in working directly with customers. It will be your job to figure out how we can serve them as effectively as possible. This is no small task, especially when communication is happening asynchronously across timezones. For example, when working with the engineering team, you need to know when a bug can stay under the radar versus when you should sound the alarm.
What you’ll be doing
We don’t want people to just use Trello, we want them to love it. We’re looking to add a person to our support team who is friendly, helpful, and already loves Trello. Your top priority will be to transform our users into super-fans. You’ll do this by:
- Troubleshooting and answering their questions via email and social media
- Assisting Trello Enterprise customers by phone
- Relaying insights from customers on to our product team
- Providing service status updates via our blog and social media
- Crafting documentation and other support materials that empower users to serve themselves
We use a variety of tools to ensure fluid communication between our customers, support, and the product team. These include email, social media, written documentation, video, internal chat, and Trello itself. Your ability to listen to customers, identify common themes, and communicate clearly will be incredibly valuable to our users and our team.
As our first support team member outside of Europe and North America, you will also have a big part in shaping what international support at Trello looks like. You’ll be a pioneer in some huge ways for our team, and will help to inform decisions about where support heads in the future.
- Knowledge of Trello and passion for the product
- Previous experience providing email support as a primary job responsibility. You’ve done full-time professional email-based support before.
- The ability to communicate clearly and positively through written and spoken English
- A broad creative or technical curiosity
- Two-year commitment to working in support at Trello.
- Comfort working independently—in some cases you will be the only team member working, based on timezone. You’ll work within the standard working hours of your timezone (we’re looking for coverage of the 9AM-5PM times, not for overlap with NYC’s hours).
One or more of the following skills would also contribute to your role on the support team:
- Strong writing skills
- Experience working remotely, or on a heavily-remote team
- Programming experience in any language
- Fluency in languages in addition to English
- Graphic design
About Working At Trello
Born out of Fog Creek Software, Trello was built to be an awesome place to work. We treat employees like royalty. That means…
- Competitive salary
- Free gym membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Four weeks paid vacation
- All-expense-paid technical conferences
We’ll make sure you have all the gear and books you need. We care deeply about your professional development and long term goals. We fly you to a conference each year to connect with people and learn how the industry is changing and growing. We work with you to grow your skills both in and outside support.
We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, parental status, or caregiver status.