Remote Year is a program for global professionals, during which we travel for a year with interesting people while working remotely (12 cities, 12 months). With a massive shift toward cloud / remote productivity, and a millennial passion for experiences and travel, Remote Year delivers a year-long work and travel experience.
Remote Year is a first mover in pushing the world of work and what’s possible professionally forward. A service delivery company that’s dedicated to creating a remote work movement, the Digital Team at Remote Year will work to create tools that will complement and support an experience designed to be the adventure of a lifetime! We are looking for a curious and empathetic UX/UI creative designer to join our digital team and help us build best in class digital tools for a service that will constantly evolve.
Why we love what we do
- Collaborate across all areas of the company
- Live our passion for user-focused design and development
- Immerse yourself in your work by traveling and living with program participants
- Ship constantly and consistently
- Experiment with design processes and help build out our team strategy
- Work with both service and digital design
What we do as Product Designers for Remote Year
- Maintain a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice
- Work as a collaborative team member with PM, developers, Remote staff and Remotes.
- Lead products from research phase and prototyping through iterative development and delivery
- Help product manager assess and prioritize opportunities and constraints
- Guide product decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications
- Conduct user testing, interviews, and analysis
- Develop visual identity systems, data visualizations, visual design, illustrations, etc.
- Produce materials for clients and developers, including user flows, wireframes, mockups, live style guides, and assets
How you can become an RY Dreamer
- 2+ years experience in related field. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design-related discipline (preferred, but not required)
- 1+ years experience with agile and/or lean philosophy and methods
- Have experience working independently
- Have experience designing full-service consumer applications
- Experience with HTML and CSS a plus
- Passion for Travel: Be excited about travel and seeing the world!
- Comfortable in Ambiguity: Be amazingly flexible and curious about tools and process and think about how ours can continuously improve.
- Constantly Developing: Be open-minded, creative, and self-critical
- Relatable: Be collaborative and communicative
- User-focused: Be thoughtful about the role of design in relation to long-term service delivery and the role technology plays in our user’s life.