LYONSCG is the industry’s premier eCommerce Digital Agency, serving brand, retail, and B2B organizations with tailored eCommerce solutions that maximize online potential. Headquartered in Chicago, the firm offers a full range of services beginning with Digital Strategy and Digital Marketing and extending through Experience Design, Platform Implementation, Application Development, Hosting and Support. The approach is holistic—to provide every client with a creative, robust and increasingly profitable eCommerce website. LYONSCG is eCommerce Realized!
Due to exploding growth, we are searching for a Senior Project Manager to join our LYONSCG team that will manage eCommerce Implementations. This position is a full-time permanent position in Chicago. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for project management across multiple departments, teams, and practice areas. They will be engaged in multiple complex eCommerce website implementation projects for marquee Internet retailers and are responsible for managing the successful delivery of multiple size engagements with a high degree of client satisfaction.
Senior Project Managers should expect to spend their time on client billable activities, managing a multitude of projects concurrently, adhering to project scope, timelines and budgets. Additional responsibilities include project issue resolution, motivating teams to work together, holding daily scrum meetings and mitigating conflict and risk. Ideal candidates will have a consulting background with previous work experience managing the implementation of initiatives in eCommerce across a range of customer industries and sizes.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of our world class growing consultancy with a competitive base salary, great people and opportunity for advancement. We are looking for people with a passion for working with our strategic clients to ensure their success and growth. Come experience the LYONSCG difference!!!
The Senior Project Manager will manage a portfolio of eCommerce Implementations projects for one or more clients.
- ‘Expert’ level competency in Software Development Project Management fundamentals and principles in the managing the development of enterprise level software solutions
- Creates and executes project work plans for all projects in the client program and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Develops project work streams resource plan. Identifies resources needed and works with appropriate internal practice leads in the assignment of individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of multiple project work streams within program, while managing to contractual scope, timelines and budgets.
- Effectively applies LYONSCG methodology and enforces LYONSCG project standards.
- Applies general and LYONSCG specific Agile methodologies to project work streams
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Applies appropriate level of risk mitigation criteria to each work stream
- Enforces project scope and supports project via change management processes
- Ensure that the knowledge transfer processes and the application documentation are sufficient to allow for effective support of customer applications
- Manages day-to-day client interaction.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Conveys work stream project status, project health and hours burn down reporting on routine basis
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the client organization, business drivers, and success criteria.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations relative to program projects.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of software development lifecycle methods, database and system design.
- Understands key application functionality and related business value from the customer’s perspective
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Plans and facilitates regular team activities outside of the office.
- 7+ years of professional management experience in either consulting or industry experience. Preferred industries include retail, wholesale, distribution or other commerce activities.
- 5+ years experience managing large eCommerce system implementation projects and/or 3-4 years in a Project Management specific Team Lead role
- Expert in management and communication tools including MS Office, MS Project, Confluence and MS Visio
- Experience understanding high level business requirements and building solid relationships
- Experience in delivery of project using mix PM methodologies including Agile and Waterfall.
- Ability to solve problems under pressure
- Project Budget , Forecasting and tracking
- Highly organized and task driven with strong time mgmt skills.
- Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial in nature
- solid understanding of Use Case Definition and Business Process Flows
- Enacts Consultative Professionalism principles when interacting with clients
- Ability to travel, as needed
LYONSCG is an equal opportunity employer
Must be a US citizen or permanent resident to apply.