This position is remote, but you must be available to meet in NYC at least once per week at your expense. If you live in New Jersey, Philadelphia, Connecticut, Long Island, etc – please apply!
No phone calls or emails, please. We only accept applications via this form.
Museum Hack is a creative company that offers irreverent, renegade museum tours and cultural offsites to corporate and private clients. Founded in 2013 and having grown to $2 million in sales in 2016, Museum Hack has uplifted the lives of tens of thousands of new museum guests. We work at renowned cultural institutions and quirky locations in New York City and other major cities to bring these innovative experiences to companies and groups.
Museum Hack has been featured by The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, PBS, TimeOut New York, Huffington Post, TEDx, and more. Beloved clients include private citizens, schools, industry groups, and large companies like Google, Lego, LinkedIn, and CitiBank.
Museum Hack is looking for an ambitious seller with 3-5 years selling experience to be our Sales Manager. Youll be a major part of helping Museum Hack grow, grow, grow! We are excited for this new hire. The right candidate has massive growth potential with our company on a Sales Director track.
The Sales Manager will coach the remote team that oversees our inbound sales as well as lead our budding new biz team. The Sales Manager has lots to do upon getting started by shoring up our processes and improving our healthy inbound flow. Then theres lots of room to grow by helping us think about new markets, developing ways to make our happiest customers even happier, and reaching out to identify and cultivate new customers.
If youve been managing a few salespeople at a company you dont love or for a product you dont use, and are looking to shine again… then this is for you. Step into a leadership role at Museum Hack to help us share our beloved, 5-star rated experiences with the world!
- Train and coach the inside sales team and new business exec to improve performance
- Manage a remote team with success, empathy, and strong communication
- Set benchmarks and tone for sales calls, emails, and communication
- Set sales goals and help our sellers to meet and exceed them
- Get us organized by managing lead assignments, creating new sales processes, and logging activity
- Create a strong and positive sales culture with a strong emphasis on our customer
- Measure sales KPIs and take creative and difficult steps to improve them
- Develop one off sales into quality, lasting relationships through customer development
- Research, manage, and reach out to new customer prospects to grow revenue
- Navigate larger organizations to get to the right decision-maker
- Be obsessed with our corporate customers and how to make them even happier
- Set a great example for how to lead creatively and effectively at Museum Hack
- Work alongside the Museum Hack management team to help grow the company
- Love Museum Hack and how it transforms people into healthier, happier humans obsessed with these great cultural institutions! (Theyre not always boring, we promise.)
Youre a creative and ambitious person with experience in sales, management, and doing what it takes to build a company up. You have B2B or enterprise sales experience.
You live in or near New York City. That includes Long Island, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Connecticut, etc. So you have the ability to commute (at your own cost) into New York City for weekly meetings and customer sessions.
OUR SALES TEAM
This team and department is being led by an overall sales manager and an inside sales team lead. The existing sales manager’s role is evolving into focusing on partnership development with our high performance clients.
THINGS YOU SHOULD BE / HAVE…
- Experience managing at least 2-3 salespeople in a positive sales culture
- Focus on B2B or enterprise sales. Retail sales managers need not apply.
- 3-5 years in a sales role with a passion for becoming an energetic sales leader
- A sales track record that shows your ability to grow revenue and relationships
- A strong reputation with your clients for driving high satisfaction
- Experience proposing new sales processes, markets, or ideas to your leadership
- Experience managing/overseeing CRM software to track activity (we use Base)
- Proficiency with the usual office suites (Excel, Word, Google Docs, contract programs)
- Ability to work remotely and communicate in a variety of channels (we love Slack)
- Youre inspired by arts, culture, and institutions that let us experience them (we love museums!)
- You want to help Museum Hack become the most successful cultural experience company in the world!