Dealer Inspire is looking for an experienced developer to join our team. We’re always innovating – we’re looking for people that can own projects and see them through to delivery – while we want rock stars, we’re not interested in prima donnas. Personal responsibility with respect to quality, attention to detail, and contribution of ideas is highly needed to succeed.
At Dealer Inspire, we like to look at current problems and ‘rethink’ about solutions. We’re flexible – we don’t write requirements in stone, and things can change regularly. This means rethinking how the solutions work best. Do you want to come ‘rethink’ with us?
Skills & Requirements
We’re flexible with learning on the job, with corresponding relevant work experience – but, for this position to be successful we need you to know the following, with a strong self-initiative to learn others!
- Strong Sass/SCSS organizational skills. You have a SCSS compiler preference, and defend it to the death.
- Strong attention to design detail. Matching markup / layout with mockups, and making them better. Knowing when things are off (even by a couple pixels) – and knowing why that impacts the experience negatively.
- Diagnosis skills. Ability to dive into a reported problem and figure out why things are happening, and knowing what other factors are contributing.
- Some PHP – enough to be dangerous and be comfortable working with code from other backend engineers.
- Grunt/Gulp/etc – you’ll own the frontend processes for how the code is managed on the browser. We’re flexible, but the reasoning needs to be backed by knowledge and understanding.
About Dealer Inspire
Dealer Inspire is an automotive website platform provider located in downtown Naperville, Illinois. We pride ourselves in having a fun, unconventional working environment and a great culture. While our team works extremely hard, we try to keep it a fun and creative work environment. We are located in the heart of downtown Naperville, IL, steps from great restaurants and a beautiful river walk.
Compensation based upon skill and previous experience. Motivated and talented individuals may advance quickly in our fast growing company.
- 100% match of your 401k contributions up to 4% of your gross income
- 10 days paid time off, 5 days of sick/safe leave and selected paid holidays
- Work time/Fun time bi-monthly team outings
- Coaching and career building
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Benefits package including Health, Life, Dental, Vision, and Disability