I’ve never heard of PointClickCare. What do you do?
Click this link to hear our story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVFi3Mrdb-g
We’re a cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America. But we’re also the industry leaders in terms of growth potential and our expansion into new markets of Senior Care. We all know someone who has aging parents or grandparents. Our technology is helping to improve the quality of care for the additional 58 Million Seniors that will reside in North America over the next 16 years.
So what does a Project Manager at PointClickCare do?
Project Managers within our Professional Services department act as the primary client liaison to lead multiple customer facing EHR implementation projects.
What does a typical day look like for a Project Manager?
- Acting as primary interface to client business units during all phases of the project
- Performing project kick-off meetings with customers and delivery resources
- Identifying scope, creating project plans, managing, monitoring and controlling multiple externally facing customer implementations of our software. Managing the project budget, team resources, communications, and project plans.
- Ensuring that customers successfully migrate to the PointClickCare solution in the most optimal way, with an effective transition to support upon project close.
- Monitoring and reporting on project progress, problems and recommending solutions to the customer
- Identifying and resolving risks and issues in a timely manner. Escalating concerns to the project team and senior management when appropriate.
- Reporting on deployments, schedules, budgets and revenue using internal methods.
- Fostering continued growth of the team’s project management capabilities, improving knowledge and experience within the PMO.
- Successfully managing several competing priorities.
- Contributing to the overall goals and objectives of the project Management Office
- Creating project plans, identifying scope, goals, deliverables, timelines and required resources
- Managing the day-to-day implementation of operational project aspects, defining project tasks and resource allocation
- Supporting customers in migration from current to future state in the most optimal way
- Updating and tracking project timelines and deliverables
- Providing direction and support to the implementation team and reviewing deliverables prepared by the team Managing project issues and dependencies
What does the growth potential look like?
- Many of our open jobs in Professional Services are filled with internal employees. A Project Manager will typically progress into a Senior Manager. There are also opportunities to move into other departments depending on your areas of interest.
- Even if you’re not looking to change jobs, we offer free training on new SW technologies, project management, agile training, leading others, and improving your public speaking / presentation skills to name a few.
What qualifications do you look for?
- We typically look for at least 2-5 years’ experience in project management
- PointClickCare experience an asset
- Previous experience with healthcare systems (EHR, EMR, Pharmacy) is a plus
- PMP or Prince II designation an asset (but not necessary!)
- Solid understanding of systems design
- Great attitude and work ethic (a sense of humor gets you extra points!)
- Strong leadership and relationship building capabilities, with ability to negotiate with and influence others to drive successful project outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An attention to detail and a passion to achieve quality outcomes
- At PCC self-starter with the ability to take on new challenges do best
- Quick learners with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to self-manage, and monitor and track key performance indicators
How do I apply?
- Check out our website at http://www.pointclickcare.com/careers You’ll see the link to the job posting on there.
- If you want to do some more digging first, please check out our Glassdoor and LinkedIn pages. In order to provide a realistic preview of the job, we encourage you to read some reviews from current and former Project Managers on our Glassdoor page.
Mississauga, ON OR Remote
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.