Location: Phoenix, AZ
DevOps Engineer- Emphasis on Linux / Docker / Node.js / Elasticsearch / MongoDB
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer based in Phoenix Az. For the right candidate remote work is a possibility with travel to Arizona several times per year.
You’ll be developing automation and build tools for the deployment and operation of large scale Elasticsearch clusters and supporting application components. Note: this position will have operational responsibility for deployed applications and may require pager duty at times.
The Day to Day:
– Provide operational support and automation tools to application developers
– Bridge the gap between development and data center operations to ensure successful delivery of projects
– Participate as a member of the application development team
– Build back-end frameworks that are maintainable, flexible and scaleable
– Operate and scale the application back-end including the database clusters
– Anticipate tomorrow’s problems by understanding what users are trying to accomplish today
– DevOps experience with Linux
– Experience with Linux Containers and Docker
– Experience operating and optimizing Elasticsearch at large scale
– Configuration management experience, Salt Stack preferred
– Exposure to the deployment and operations of node.js applications
– Comfort with compute clusters and many terabytes of data
– US Citizenship / Work Authorization
– Operational experience with Hadoop, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, or other distributed big data systems
– Development experience with Node.js or other HTTP backend tools
– Mac OS X familiarity
– BS or MS in a technology or scientific field of study
– High energy level and pleasant, positive attitude!
– Evidence of working well within a diverse team
– Salary commensurate with experience, generally higher than competitive industries
– Comprehensive benefits package
– Opportunities for advancement and a clear career path
Terascope provides software and technical services for deploying very large scale Elasticsearch clusters. We assist customers with design, development and operations and through our Open Source efforts are developing the Teraslice distributed processing platform for working with data stored in Elasticsearch.