Are you a writer with experience in building an audience? Have you created articles that generate 10k page views? Want to spend some time educating a readership of 50,000/month and growing your thought leadership? If so, this role is for you.
Crossover is a well-funded startup that has developed a unique way to find, curate, and manage the top 1% of global talent – and connect them to medium and large businesses. We are experiencing rapid growth within the private equity companies we currently serve and are increasing our current staff of 100 to expand our business. Our team has fully embraced the benefits of globally distributed teams; you’ll be joining the ranks with top-tiered colleagues from over 15 different countries at Crossover.
In this role, you will be a key player in our go to market strategy. You will drive the inbound marketing machine that will crank out awesome, provocative content for our readers. In this position, the focus will be on creating highly valuable content. Our aim is to realize the vision that Joe Pulizzi lays out in his book Content Inc : establishing Crossover as an influencer in our field so we find the right audience who is desperately looking for our solutions. The majority of your time each week will be spent researching industry trends and pitching and producing SEO optimized article ideas.
- Pitch article ideas based on research and deep knowledge of the market.
- Produce engaging, useful and relevant SEO optimized content for our readers.
- Create and execute marketing campaigns and promotional campaigns to generate leads
- Collaborate on and execute an influencer marketing plan
- Maintain social media brand presence and post regularly
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience of content generation.
- SEO Expert, you know how to optimize your articles for page rank, love building links, and know HTML tagging inside out
- Proven success in building a reader base from scratch. You’ve written articles and content that has had over 10k page views.
- Strong writer. You are a fan of Strunk and White’s The Elements of Style and can tell us how to write this section of the Job Description better. [We’ve made a couple of deliberate errors, let us know what they are if you want to get a leg up in the application process]
- Coachability and efficiency: We love creativity and encourage provocative thinking. At the same time, we drive for continual growth in productivity and only accept team members who are committed to endless improvement.
Location: Global (remote)
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a short technical test and 3 scenario-based questions. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time – so we thank you in advance for your efforts.
Are you up for the challenge?