himagine solutions inc. is a leading healthcare outsourcing solutions provider with the largest team of inpatient and outpatient coders in the U.S. Our mission is to deliver the most innovative, strategic, and customized HIM solutions to optimize and accelerate healthcare reimbursement in partnership with our clients.
Trauma Registry Supervisor
This position will be responsible for overall trauma registry compliance and daily coding and abstracting operations. Administers policies and procedures, recommends changes as appropriate, and provides relevant feedback. Serves as a key promoter of the trauma registry department and is responsible for setting the tone of the department as a service organization, continuously seeking to understand, meet and exceed customer expectations and needs.
For an assigned HIM Client, the Trauma Registry Supervisor will be responsible for the overall oversight and direction of coding and abstracting activities of a team with the support of a strong management team that consists of operational support for this client.
Trauma Registry Supervisor is a remote position with occasional travel.
Trauma Registry Supervisor Key Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to the following):
- Provides overall day to day management and direction of coding and abstracting activities in HIMS. Oversee all duties and responsibilities of the trauma registry staff. Establishes work schedules, and monitors and approves time off requests and time worked.
- Responds to Coding/Abstracting data and report requests made by Client, physicians, and others internal customers.
- Utilizes database queries and reports to perform various auditing functions.
- Provides oversight for trauma registry for case selection, coding and abstracting, ICD-10 and AIS Coding, monitors timeliness of data collection, follow-up, NTDB/TQIP and state case submissions as well as provides information to the client from data requests. Provides summary and individual feedback to trauma registry staff for performance improvement and compliance purposes. With assistance from the Trauma Registry Manager, reports findings to Client on a monthly basis and identifies area for improvement and trauma registrar education.
- Provides expertise in the areas of coding, abstracting, state reporting, and reporting of codified and abstracted data.
- Prepares and completes weekly himagine solutions metrics report.
- Meet budgetary goals per client agreement and achieves margins determined by himagine solutions
- Meet all Service Level Agreements for client engagement.
- Oversees management of abstracting productivity and quality as well as manages staffing resources to accommodate goals within expected deadlines and financial targets.
- Demonstrates the ability to attract, recognize, retain and manage staff and to effectively utilize staff to enhance the facilities and himagine solutions organizational performance.
- Maintains a knowledge base of ICD-10 trauma-specific coding, AIS Coding, NTDB data points and TQIP requirements as well as Trauma Registry quality standardization.
- Provides ongoing training and in-service programs for trauma registry staff to support corporate compliance.
- Assists with system analysis, implementation, testing, database management, maintenance, accuracy, regulatory compliance, troubleshooting, and security of registry software systems as well as interfaces and databases.
- Provides suggested changes to policies and procedures for the trauma registry for both himagine and the clients.
- Oversees that year end abstracting is closed out within the established client and state registry timelines.
- Prepares management reports on trauma registry productivity and quality.
- Provides input on performance reviews, recommends and/or initiates employee selection, promotion, disciplinary and/or discharge actions. Work with himagine solutions team to perform vetting on candidates to assure appropriate client assignment.
- Coordinates trauma registry staff meetings, keep staff informed of standard setter changes, developments and events.
- Assists with system analysis, implementation, testing, database management, maintenance, accuracy, regulatory compliance, troubleshooting, and security of coding/abstracting systems, interfaces, databases, and reporting tools for systems using coding/abstracting data.
- Abides by the standards of Code of Ethics as set forth by AHIMA or Code of Ethics for Nurses.
Trauma Registry Supervisor Key Success Indicators/Attributes:
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a multifaceted environment.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Demonstrate ability to self-motivate, set goals, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate leadership, mentoring, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key business partners by building personal credibility and trust.
- Maintains courteous and professional working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proficient personal computer skills
- Ability to identify deficiencies and take corrective action.
Trauma Registry Supervisor Education and Experience Requirements
- Certified Specialist in Trauma Registries (CSTR)
- At least two years’ previous lead experience; minimum five years’ trauma registry experience required. Prior supervisory experience a plus.
- CAISS, RHIA or RHIT or LPN/LVN or RN a plus