About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit http://www.thermofisher.com.
Field based position responsible for performing labeling installations, troubleshooting, customer training, and technical product support for Anatomical Pathology Labeling & Tracking (SlideMate / PrintMate / Arcos), and workflow. The successful candidate must have excellent customer service and support skills and the ability to utilize effectively communicate and perform labeling support functions. The ability to manage installations, trouble shooting, scheduling, training coordination, and administrative responsibilities with minimal supervision is required. Additional responsibilities include; customer relationship management, written documentation of installation, trouble shooting, and training activities, and effective interaction and communication with FLAS, Technical Support, Sales, and Marketing teams. The Field Labeling Technical Support Specialist will also represent the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- Interpret and understand customer user requirements, and how they relate to product functionality and performance
- Provides troubleshooting and resolution of customers labeling technical issues, and provides help in understanding of the appropriate use of Labeling products
- Handles requests and installation of replacement labeling equipment due to defective product performance. Completes, maintains, and processes relevant paperwork and documentation, including records of customer complaints.
- Provides periodic reports to management including compilations of customer complaints, trend analyses, and suggestions for improvement.
- Reviews available technical literature to maintain an awareness of current labeling equipment, trends, products, performance, and procedures
- Provides on-site product installation and customer training, on an as-needed basis.
- Act as a Technical Specialist for labeling between Customers, Sales, and Product Management, and inside Product Support
- Participates in validating new products, customer evaluations and trouble shooting of existing products and application support.
- 3-5 years experience in Information Technology support (Hospital / Laboratory IT / LIS / Connectivity background preferred)
- Preferred hospital / Laboratory IT background or experience
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, Microsoft Office Suite proficient to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Technical writing skills, ability to work with minimal supervision in a laboratory / hospital environment and in the field.
- Ability to work in a field team environment, and must be customer focused with appropriate sensitivity and sense of urgency for customer issues. Customer facing skills are necessary. Excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving, listening, and organizational skills are strongly desired. Position requires maintaining on-going professional certifications, technical acumen, and overall development of product knowledge as applicable. Position may include periodic involvement in product development projects or pre-market testing of new products.
- The position requires an excellent communicator with above average demonstrated troubleshooting skills and diplomacy.
- Up to 75% Travel is required and may be asked to travel within hours for urgent customer needs
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors degree required in Information Technology, Technology Support, or a life science discipline