Black Pixel is a creative digital agency focused on crafting mobile, web, and emerging tech products. We’re headquartered in Seattle WA, with team members based around the world.
When you work at Black Pixel you not only get benefits like generous PTO, flextime, the ability to work remotely, and full healthcare coverage, but you get to work with some of the most talented, thoughtful, and innovative people in the industry.
We’re looking for a talented, passionate, and resourceful iOS engineer who wants to be a part of a growing digital products group and build amazing apps using the latest iOS tools, APIs, and technologies.
– Build iOS applications from scratch & iOS libraries that can be shared across applications
– Update existing iOS applications
– Develop great code, ensuring quality with unit tests where appropriate
– Conduct code reviews to ensure compliance with quality standards
– Work in an Agile development process
– Collaborate with designers, quality assurance testers, project managers, product managers, and project sponsors
– Communicate tasking estimation and progress regularly to a project manager and/or through appropriate tools
– Minimum of 3 years of professional iOS software development
– Minimum of 6 years of professional software development (B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science may be considered towards professional experience)
– Demonstrated delivery of iOS applications to the app store
– Proficient with Swift and Cocoa Touch with a solid understanding of Objective-C
– Strong understanding of common backend system integration/web services, memory management, both with and without ARC, and multitasking techniques with potential areas of risk
– Experience with multiple Apple-provided frameworks, such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics, Core Text, Core Audio, and SpriteKit. Including, adaptable layouts and extensive use of Autolayout in both code and Interface Builder
– Experience with Git, including understanding of branching and merging workflows
– Design-minded attention to user interface implementation
Black Pixel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.