As a Senior Data Engineer you will collaborate with other engineers and data scientists to develop and maintain the machine learning (ML) data pipeline powering Restless Bandit’s talent-rediscovery products. Your days will involve architecting, improving, and customizing Restless Bandit’s ML infrastructure based on well-established data-processing systems like Hadoop or while also staying on top of the latest developments in big-data computation platforms.
We work hard, but at the same time we have a laid-back, fun work environment. Some of the values that are important to us are:
– Helpfulness: we appreciate receiving help as well as giving it, and learning from each other as well as sharing knowledge and opinions.
– Professionalism: we trust each other and assume independence and autonomy along with responsibility.
– Curiosity: we’re interested in new ideas and alternative viewpoints; we prefer having our minds’ changed by a discussion to ‘winning’ a debate.
– Relaxedness: we believe that consistent unhurried problem-solving produces better solutions than frantic ‘fire drills.’
– Fun: we’re thick as thieves. We have lunch together every day, host regular (and spontaneous) happy hours, and participate in professional meet-ups.
Skills & Requirements
An ideal candidate has:
– 3+ years’ experience building high-performance, large-scale, distributed server applications and reliable software.
– 2+ years’ experience with distributed computing frameworks (Spark, Hadoop, Storm)
– 2+ years’ experience with a compiled language (Go, C, C++, Java)
– 1+ years’ experience writing production Python code
– 2+ years’ experience writing effective unit tests against production code
– strong opinions about programming best practices coupled with flexibility in the face of cogent opposing opinions
– appreciation for data munging and the dirty aspects of the world of data processing.
About Restless Bandit:
Restless Bandit is a well-funded San Francisco startup focused on helping companies identify and retain the best people in the exploding “war-for-talent” space. This is an exciting, near ground floor opportunity with a group of people with extensive experience in HR tech. Our founders were executives at Bright, an HR tech company acquired last year by LinkedIn for $130M and our data scientists and engineers come from Bright, LinkedIn, and Google, and have extensive experience applying big-data methods to the hiring domain.
We Have Great Benefits:
* Daily Lunches
* Unlimited Vacation
* Open, collaborative workspaces
* Fitness Reimbursement Program
* Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
* Commuter Benefits Program
* Weekly Happy Hours and Whiskey Fridays
* Fully Stocked Kitchen with Snacks & Alcohol