Do you believe that there is no such thing as a “good war”? Do you believe that war as an institution can and must be abolished?
World Beyond War is a global nonviolent movement to end war and establish a just and sustainable peace. World Beyond War has members in 136 countries working to build momentum to abolish war and preparations for war, using the tools of education and nonviolent direct action to achieve our goals. Learn about our work at http://worldbeyondwar.org
World Beyond War is seeking a motivated and action-oriented organizer to expand and strengthen membership, help plan and coordinate campaigns and actions, and develop our international efforts.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
-Full-time position of 40 hours/week
-Work from home
– Work with our director and coordinating committee to develop organizing plans.
– Build, manage, and cultivate World Beyond War’s membership, organizing online and off to enlarge our list of members and supporters, and to mobilize them into action.
– Strengthen relationships with other organizations working in coalition.
– Work with members, staff, speakers bureau, and allies to organize educational events using World Beyond War resources.
– Expand the use of World Beyond War publications by professors and organizations.
– Speak on behalf of World Beyond War.
– Provide training to key organizers, including country coordinators around the world, to increase their outreach efforts.
– Work to recruit leaders and organizations from outside the traditional peace movement.
– Raise funds for World Beyond War.
– Strong interpersonal skills: speaking, organizing, writing.
– Strong awareness of current events, particularly regarding war and peace.
– At least 3 years of peace and social justice organizing experience.
– Creative, principled, and self-motivated.
– Sincere and strong commitment to the World Beyond War mission
– Bachelor’s degree or above
– Fundraising experience an added plus
HOW TO APPLY:
Please create a single PDF and attach it to an email to the address below with the subjectline “Organizer Application.” Please include in the PDF: name, street address, phone number, email address, letter, CV, and anything else you think relevant.
Application deadline: December 31, 2016
Start date: December 1, 2016
Employment type: Full Time
Professional level: Professional
Salary: Salary is negotiable dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Benefits: paid vacation
Education: 4-year degree